Sign in to follow this  

Big Problem

ok so here it is, i have a yz 250, 2smoke. i forgot to check my sprocket blots and had a big disaster with the rear wheel,i found a new wheel got it on, then went to try it out. put it first at a low idle and heard the sound of it going into gear,as if you were at a high rpm cramming it into gear, rode it and found out that it only has first gear, any suggestions on what it could be? im really bummed bc this coming up saturday is my first race and it doesnt look like i will be able to make it. anybody have a clue of what it is? thanks

So you were riding and the chain bunched up and locked everything up when the hub broke ??

If so , then you might have broke a gear , but most likely what you did was bent a shift fork , as that would make it hard to get into gear and it would make it hard to shift into another gear !

it seems like that is the problem, with the bike off i can move the shifter and it seems to be like its grinding. if its a shift fork how hard is that to fix?

Shifter fork shift drum could be a few things. You need to split the cases, see what is going on. Get the parts over nighted putem' in go racn'. Easy, that depends on if you have ever rebuilt a motor before. Do you have a service manual?