Sign in to follow this  

Breaking Twinwalls

Alright, I have now broken two pairs of Renthal Twinwalls in what seem like minor crashes. The first one happened when some goon crossed lines over a pretty minor stepdown, hit me, and I landed on my side. The second crash I got hit in a 4th gear pinned situation, and went ass over teakettle, got run over etc. etc.

The point is that I am starting to lose faith in this product. I have the 921 bend on 09 YZ250. My favorite bend ever, plus they get crazy style points.

Has anyone else had any problems with this bar?

Alright, I have now broken two pairs of Renthal Twinwalls in what seem like minor crashes. The first one happened when some goon crossed lines over a pretty minor stepdown, hit me, and I landed on my side. The second crash I got hit in a 4th gear pinned situation, and went ass over teakettle, got run over etc. etc.

The point is that I am starting to lose faith in this product. I have the 921 bend on 09 YZ250. My favorite bend ever, plus they get crazy style points.

A 50 mph + crash is minor? Where did they break at. I think any bars will bend at those speeds bro. I bent a pair of brand new pro taper evos 90 degrees, didnt break but they are supposedly unbendable/breakable. Real bad crash though

My theory is that if you bend or break a set of oversize bars you've got bigger issues to worry about than a $100 set of bars...

my brother and I have both broken a set of these and it's my opinion that they may be too stiff. That's just my opinion, but with all of the bars that I've used the only types I've broken are the types with a crossbar. I don't know if there's anything behind that or not but for now I'm sticking with my pro tapers.

If you swear by Renthals, then switch to the Renthal Fatbars. Thats what I run.Oh and try to be a little more careful out there before you start spending more money on medical bills rather than bike repairs.

Think about this... If they make them so strong they won't bend or break how much of the shock will they absorb compared to you absorbing the shock or the rest of your bike.

If you like the bend stick with it, I don't think there are any real issues with these bars or we would know about it. Sounds to me like you have just had your share of bad luck.

I raced hard years ago, then took 13 years off and when I started riding again I bent almost everything imaginable several times on this 08 kx450f and kept blaming it on the bike, little did I realize I was crashing at 3rd, 4th, and 5th gear W.F.O. Change the bars and LET'ER RIP!

i've only broken one pair of renthal fatbars in many many crahes.

handle%20bars.jpg

And the after math to me.

untitled.JPG

Thats what happens when your bike locks up over a table-top in fourth gear.

i've only broken one pair of renthal fatbars in many many crahes.

handle%20bars.jpg

And the after math to me.

untitled.JPG

Thats what happens when your bike locks up over a table-top in fourth gear.

looks like you got screwed bro XD

horrible joke, i know

I love my twinwalls. I have had the same set of bars for about 4 years with about 5 or so big crashes in that time. 2 of the crashes were big enough to knock me out cold. Twinwalls are still straight as an arrow. I personally love these handlebars.

i've bent my twinwall pretty bad, the crossbar buckled in it, but was very surprised they didn't snap, it pulled the clutch hose out from the resivor when they bent.

2847_1084718450137_1591656689_182895_3127838_n.jpg

i like the twinwalls better but i havent had one since these bent. i have fatbars now

mine bent just like that. fell over while doing a wheelie :banana: i was going pretty fast but ive had plenty of knarly crashes with traditional style bars and didnt have bends like that.

Cant stand bendthals. Renthal uses 6061 alloy which is weaker than the protaper alloy or the alloy used in any bar that is 7075 aluminum(Sunline Avone OS). Or even the oneal prolock bars or protaper se bars which use 2014 alloy. Those would be stronger than the bendthals. :banana:

Love it, Bendthals,

In my 40yrs of race'in and ride'in, My favorite bars are 909's But I don't see them for sale anymore.

Those arent minor crashes, 4th gear wide open is around 50-60 mph depending on the bike. Thats alot of force being transmitted into a small area. And another bike landing on you is also alot of force raining down on a bike

Well I think renthal is gonna warranty them so I'll probably keep runnin them. I do think that the stiffness is the problem tho, kuz I've broken alot of fatbars straight out of the clamps and had the bar be straight. It seems like the fatbars will flex and bounce back.