Sign in to follow this  

want to buy a nice drz 400!!

Hey guys Im looking to buy a drz400 and I just figured I would post it here hoping someone has one at a resonable price for the conditions and modifications.

I would let mine go for the right price...I kinda want to get a vstrom....

I'm the original owner....Mine is a 2003 S Model, Probably about 6-8K miles on it....

I have two sets of wheels... SM and off road wheels

It has a Full Yosh RS3 on it, cycra hand guards, IMS Pegs, Tonns Racing Rack and skid plate, DRC tail light, after market turn signals, Trailtech Vector Computer, I have an IMS plastic tank, extra shrouds and extra seat and front fender I put on it when I ride it off road....

(i just dont ride it offroad anymore though since i have a WR450)

SM TRIM

IMG_7191.sized.jpg

DIRT TRIM

dirt_bike_trip_017.sized.jpg

Hi Panaman, what happend to your basic mods page? I can't open it.

I'll never want to sell mine!

I hope.

Good luck in the search - if your buddy has an SM who are you trail riding with?

Keep in mind how you will use it.

Reach out to Panaman he seems to have gone the trail to street route and stayed street (for me the street just gets me to the trails so I live with pure off road setup).

Seems like he could give you some insight. oh, and his bike is Sweet.

Hi Panaman, what happend to your basic mods page? I can't open it.

I still got it up.. its here..

http://www.panaman.org/y/index.php?module=bikestuff

it is a little out dated though.... but has some nice basic tips.. like grinding your shifter!

I'll never want to sell mine!

I hope.

Good luck in the search - if your buddy has an SM who are you trail riding with?

Keep in mind how you will use it.

Reach out to Panaman he seems to have gone the trail to street route and stayed street (for me the street just gets me to the trails so I live with pure off road setup).

Seems like he could give you some insight. oh, and his bike is Sweet.

I've swapped wheels, tanks, and fenders back and forth multiple times... and it does get a old.. heheh... but its cheaper than two bikes....

I've also done a bunch of dualsport events... the dirt picture i am showing is from the six days of michigan....

I still do dual sport events....and plan to do more.... I just decided I wanted to get a bike that was more modern and lighter with a lot of grunt.. so I bought the WR450 last august... I got it plated with turn signals and stuff.. (ohio is easy to do that with bikes) Ever since then I just leave the DRZ in super moto trim.. no point in putting the dirt wheels on....

I would miss the DRZ, I bought her brand new... and I've done so much to her, I just don't ride it as much as I used too.... (especially after my daughter was born.. she is 1 and half now...)

If I do sell it though... I think I would get a bigger street bike like a vstrom.

Something I can easily ride 100 miles on the freeway with.....