Sign in to follow this  

California New street Reg. for 07 WR

OK, for thoes of you that think that this topic shouldn't be mentioned on a public forum I'll delete this post If I get too much flack. Some think its an interesting topic so here it goes.

A friend was telling me how he just bought a 07 WR450F. He went on to say that the guy he bought it from had a BD light kit on it and started the paper work for the street Reg. but didn't complete the process with DMV.

Right when I was going to tell him "forget about it, they will never give you a plate," he interups me and says he wet to DMV the other day and was issued a temp street Reg, the plate will be in the mail soon.

The big plus is that he only paid $3,500 for the bike and its in great shape. Maybe the DMV crack isn't totaly sealed. He is happy with the bike, with or without the plate so no big deal for him if there is a last minute upset.

If it does work out, WHAT A SCORE. PM me if in a couple of weeks if you would like to know if he gets the plate mailed to him.

The reason DMV does NOT hand you a plate anymore is that Sac is going to verify the validaty of the VIN first. Unlikely he does get the plate. Likely the previous owner tried to plate it and sold the bike to your buddy knowing the sitch !

Edited by BOLT Performance

The reason DMV does hand you a plate anymore is that Sac is going to verify the validaty of the VIN first. Unlikely he does get the plate. Likely the previous owner tried to plate it and sold the bike to your buddy knowing the sitch !

Nobody goes through the process and doesn't complete it.

The plate is at risk. Be sure to report back what happens.

There's still people gettin' it done. It really depends on how informed you are and how much you're willing to go out of your way for it. That's all I really feel comfortable saying. You always hear rumors of people getting their plates pulled, but I'm not hearing about that happening - for real.

Don't forget, the DMV is a huge government beaurocracy, and acts just like one. heh You'll get a different answer each day of the week, and with each person or DMV you go to. Put it all together right and......bingo. Or BANG!

PS - don't go to the Pasadena DMV. :banana:

Nobody goes through the process and doesn't complete it.

The plate is at risk. Be sure to report back what happens.

I totaly agree with that one. The reason the guy gave by buddy was that he could not complete the process because he didn't have the title on hand. There was still a lien on the bike, the bank had the title. The title wasn't released untill my buddy paid for the bike, thus allowing the guy to paid off his loan. That sounds right to me, I couldn't get it done without title in hand.

Anyway, the proof is in the plate, I'll give an update when he has the plate or is officaly denied, S/T.