Sign in to follow this  

TTR 125, Sittin' for a good while What to do...

Hey there, good to know there is a place to talk about the ol' reliable TTR haha. Heres the issue. I bought a poorly taken care of TTR 125 kick from a buddy of mine. Shes been sittin for quite some time now un-covered in the snow :\ (it was practically free, so I aint complaing)... what are some things I should do to make it trail-worthy when the weather warms up? :banana:

if its that bad might want to replace all bearings.

the main thing is to change the oil, fuel, coolant, grease up all the bearing and moving parts

I see this picture of that poor little TTR leaning against the back of the shed with 4 ft of snow piled up around it. And if that was the case I would change the plug, Clean air filter, change the oil and gas and see if it will start. If not then go at he carb, replace the jets (see sticky at the beginning of this forum) and clean it real well. and see if it will start. If it starts and seems like it will go. then start pulling the wheels, plastics, seat and start cleaning it real well, lubing it up as you go. but basically breaking it all down so you at least know that you had done some good work to it before you take it out. Sounds like fun !

Good deal, although a complete fluid change was obvious, I'm Low on cash... so changing the oil and plug and all that will have to wait for a lil while longer. But the I did take out the carb., clean it out and check the jets and what not. Chain and sprocket will def. need replaced, spokes need tightened also. I did have a blast tryin to figure out the carb problem (gas was flowin straight through). Like I said, tore it apart and cleaned every square inch of it. and to no avail..the problem was still there. Turns out the previous "caretaker" of the bike managed to put a nice lil dent on the side of the bowl, Payed no attention to it at first, then after cancelling everything out...found that the inconspicuous dent was catchin the float when I put er on haha. With that said, is there any place to buy just a replacement bowl?

By the way, that poor TTR was absolutely COVERED in snow, amost couldn't find the thing when I went to load it up :banana: