Sign in to follow this  

E model headlight bulb?

What bulb comes in it? WHat kind of upgrades are possible? I have the KTM light right now and I like the way it looks but I like the Genuine Suzuki look. I have considered the trailtech X2 and I may still that one but right now Im looking at all of my of my options. I know the S model housing and stuff is very very good buy also quite heavy. Thanks in advance.

h3 bulb. Pick up the ddmtuning.com 35w HID it's like 60 bucks for 2.

It's super bright any way you strike it. I personally tried it out in my 400e stock lamp housing and decided it was too bright for me to drive with at night on dark country roads without blinding oncoming drivers which is why I modded the HID bulbs into an acerbis cyclops. I'd say the 4500k 35w bulb is easily 3 times as bright as the 55w "Silverstar" bulb I had in there before.

Its not an H3 at leased my 02 wasnt( The acerbis cyclops is though). mine was a weird japan bulb that was non existant here in the states and It had a plastic housing.

I bought a glass housing from baja designs for like $40 that fit into the same plastic fairing with a little modding. The baja designs houseing uses a h4 bulb that is very common and has high and low beam.

I will agree with an HID. I have replaced all my bikes with HID's, I buy the cheapest one on ebay, its like $45 with free shipping for a pair with slim ballast. I have 3 HID color temps, 4300k, 5000k, 6000k. idk what ones better they are all super bright. Maybe the 4300k or 5000k

this is my favorite seller,cheapest price, slim sealed water proof ballast that is super easy to just zip tie to your forks behind headlight. You just tell them the bulb type you want and the color temp when you buy it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HID-Xenon-Slim-Ballast-Kit-H1-H3-H4-H7-H9-H11-9006-9007_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem1c1055bcc7QQitemZ120533138631QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_3544wt_1165

Here is the mod I did on my bike

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=489570

It's super bright any way you strike it. I personally tried it out in my 400e stock lamp housing and decided it was too bright for me to drive with at night on dark country roads without blinding oncoming drivers which is why I modded the HID bulbs into an acerbis cyclops. I'd say the 4500k 35w bulb is easily 3 times as bright as the 55w "Silverstar" bulb I had in there before.

That was with the plastic lens and reflector? Im just trying to keep weight down and have good light output.

Its not an H3 at leased my 02 wasnt( The acerbis cyclops is though). mine was a weird japan bulb that was non existant here in the states and It had a plastic housing.

I bought a glass housing from baja designs for like $40 that fit into the same plastic fairing with a little modding. The baja designs houseing uses a h4 bulb that is very common and has high and low beam.

I will agree with an HID. I have replaced all my bikes with HID's, I buy the cheapest one on ebay, its like $45 with free shipping for a pair with slim ballast. I have 3 HID color temps, 4300k, 5000k, 6000k. idk what ones better they are all super bright. Maybe the 4300k or 5000k

this is my favorite seller,cheapest price, slim sealed water proof ballast that is super easy to just zip tie to your forks behind headlight. You just tell them the bulb type you want and the color temp when you buy it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HID-Xenon-Slim-Ballast-Kit-H1-H3-H4-H7-H9-H11-9006-9007_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem1c1055bcc7QQitemZ120533138631QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_3544wt_1165

Here is the mod I did on my bike

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=489570

Nice mod! I like the idea.

well 4300k is, I think, the same spectrum as daylight. If you simply want the best visibility you would want to pick something between 4000k and 5000k as you move up you get bluer, then purplish light and as you move up you reduce your visibility. The question as always goes back to...do you want to look good or see good?

My 2001 400e definately had a h3 bulb. I can't remember if the lense was plastic or not, but the light housing was definately at least partially metal

Temperature Source

1,700 K Match flame

1,850 K Candle flame

2,700–3,300 K Incandescent light bulb

3,350 K Studio "CP" light

3,400 K Studio lamps, photofloods, etc.

4,100 K Moonlight, xenon arc lamp

5,000 K Horizon daylight

5,500–6,000 K Typical daylight, electronic flash

6,500 K Daylight, overcast

9,300 K CRT screen

Note: These temperatures are merely characteristic;

considerable variation may be present.

So an H3 wont melt the housing? I think Im just gonna go with the E model stock with the HID you posted.

EDIT : hey hix arnt you parting an E model right? whats the light like on it? Decent shape?