Main jet swap on BSR possible without pulling carb?

I don't know about the BSR carb but on my DRZE and KTM it is a cake walk. Just take off seat, tank, loosen up the hose clamps, rotate the bottom to the Shifter side, undo the float bowl drain (I run the bike till it runs out of gas after taking off the tank), be ready for some gas to come out, the main jet is right there.

I just looked at the exploded view and didn't see the float bowl drain. I've taken the float bowl off both of my bikes without taking the carb off. But I don't know about the BSR so I should shut up! But in the exploded view it looks easier than the FCR (no ap rod) if there's enough room to get to the bolts holding it on once you have rotated it towards you. Good luck.

some people have just rotated the carb but when i tried it on my sm it was a lot more work than just removing the carb and swapping jets.then again i pulled my cv carb 20+ times changing jetting so i got it out and in quick

When I had a stock carb I did this just by moving the carb a little (rotate like others said) and moving removing the bowl. It was a pain the the a** even with the float bowl screw replaced.

In terms of work its a toss up, I can remove and re-install my FCR now very quickly so I don't think it matters either way.

Hope this helps.

PS - If you still have the original Phillips head screws on the float bowl, don't even try this.

Sounds good to follow advise of these folks that have had a BSR carb. On my Z I was pulling the carb every time I worked on it, and got very fast at it, but it is still much faster and less wear and tear on the rubber parts and virtually no chance of a vaccum leak to change the needle and/or clip position and main jet on a FCR (I was faster the first time I did it after many times pulling the carb). Like was posted earlier I pulled the float bowl once and it was a wash on time and there is more chance of getting dirt in the float bowl when on the bike.