Sign in to follow this  

Supercross How about Trey Canard?

Dude, this kid is impressive. Why is this dude not signed? Honda better jump on that deal before someone else does because its comming, and very soon! He looks super comfortable on the bike, and is only gonna get better with seat time. Im willing to bet he doesnt see much more of the lites class! I would def not be going out on a limb to say he's proving himself week by week:worthy:

Dude, this kid is impressive. Why is this dude not signed? Honda better jump on that deal before someone else does because its comming, and very soon! He looks super comfortable on the bike, and is only gonna get better with seat time. Im willing to bet he doesnt see much more of the lites class! I would def not be going out on a limb to say he's proving himself week by week:worthy:

I agree, TC has been impressive in every 450 race so far and I think he will continue to do well. I dont think Honda would sign him to the 450 until he is about 28 yrs old and his performance starts to decline a little bit though.

• Like 1

lol I depict that as an accurate statement as of late! But damn the kid can ride, he's too much of a risk to pass up! (risk as in going to another team)

Well, Shorty did an A++ job comentating at the Daytona SX. I dont know if it was on tv but at the show, he was a pro talking on the mic. to fans and comentating. So if Shorty doesnt get his bike back, maybe we can lose Ralph Shaheen. TC is just as fast as RV and RD.

He seems to be a better supercross rider than an outdoor rider. But I guess we will find out this year

He seems to be a better supercross rider than an outdoor rider. But I guess we will find out this year

I was thinking the exact same thing. Although I personally think the bigger bike fits his riding style better and allows him to be more aggressive. It looks to me like hes looser on the 450 than he was on the 250. Maybe because of the power disadvantage and him trying to over ride the bike? Whatever the reason he makes it seem so easy on the 450! Like hes spent many seasons on the sx tour bangin bars. So maybe the outdoors will be the same scenario since hes doing so well on the big bike now, I hope they give him a shot for the mx season on the big bike... it might just be the 450s power that makes his riding style succeed!

geez, think in a year we could have Dungey, Villipoto, Reed, Stewart, Canard, Weimer, Pourcel, Windham, Hill, etc all in the 450 class... should make for some great races..

geez, think in a year we could have Dungey, Villipoto, Reed, Stewart, Canard, Weimer, Pourcel, Windham, Hill, etc all in the 450 class... should make for some great races..

:banana:

plus Grant and Stroupe

That would be awesome! Throw Grant and JLaw in there as well! (take it easy...)

History would tell us that half of them will be injured though. Would certainly be a interesting season if they could stay healthy!

Hes a great all around rider, he was going to beat Pourcel before he fell and broke his wrist in the outdoors last year. Trey Canard is the man! Were going to see the #1 plate on his factory honda in the next few years, no dubt in my mind.:banana:

If i remember correct this is his last year he can race the lights class due to elgibiltity rules

Trey's doing an awesome job on the 450, no doubt about that. As for Shorty, he did a great job commentating at Daytona. If anyone's ever read his articles in Transworld I'd say the guy's probably one of the more intelligent racers out there and definitely has a future around the sport, even if that doesn't mean winning titles :banana:

TC has been doing way better than I thought he would. Not that I don't think he has the talent, but rather I thought he lacked the size and strength needed to wrestle the 450 for 20 laps. Well, he proved me wrong 2 weeks in a row. Especially at Daytona which is nototiously the toughest track on the SX tour. Good for him. Good kid, lots of talent. He will do well in the 450 class full time and hopefully Factory Honda jumps at this kid with a good contract.

TC has been doing way better than I thought he would. Not that I don't think he has the talent, but rather I thought he lacked the size and strength needed to wrestle the 450 for 20 laps. Well, he proved me wrong 2 weeks in a row. Especially at Daytona which is nototiously the toughest track on the SX tour. Good for him. Good kid, lots of talent. He will do well in the 450 class full time and hopefully Factory Honda jumps at this kid with a good contract.

Def right about that, and he's still goin strong. Not bad for just being thrown in the mix on the big bike! He's def got talent... BYE BYE LITES CLASS! Congrats to Trey for stepping up big:applause:

Def right about that, and he's still goin strong. Not bad for just being thrown in the mix on the big bike! He's def got talent... BYE BYE LITES CLASS! Congrats to Trey for stepping up big:applause:

He'll be back in the Lites after this weekend.

Honda should have signed him to a 450 contract by now. Typical of them to have left the door open for other teams to steal this guy away.

He'll be back in the Lites after this weekend.

Honda should have signed him to a 450 contract by now. Typical of them to have left the door open for other teams to steal this guy away.

Yea I know and thats total B.S. if you ask me, he's more than proven himself. Maybe thats why Honda cant win a championship? They allow a rider that finishes on the podium just about EVERY race sit and ponder the possibilties by even ALLOWING him go back to the Lites class. I understand the whole championship points deal but this is a very stupid move if you ask me, while I respect Shorty as a person and racer he wasnt posting numbers like this kid. Why even give the oppurtunity to have another team offer more money since he'll be in the "free agent" pool. Maybe I should have said BYE BYE HONDA for the 2011 season and he'll jump on with Suzuki and RD which is very likely IMHO. Yamaha has a solid team with a healthy JS and JH and Kawis probably got most of thier funds wrapped up in RV and Reed. I hope he does leave and win the championship next year so he can prove how ignorant they are. Sorry for venting but it boggles my mind how Honda always seems to show the ability to blow an oppurtunity that was placed on thier doorstep on a silver platter.:thumbsup:

Yea I know and thats total B.S. if you ask me, he's more than proven himself. Maybe thats why Honda cant win a championship? They allow a rider that finishes on the podium just about EVERY race sit and ponder the possibilties by even ALLOWING him go back to the Lites class. I understand the whole championship points deal but this is a very stupid move if you ask me, while I respect Shorty as a person and racer he wasnt posting numbers like this kid. Why even give the oppurtunity to have another team offer more money since he'll be in the "free agent" pool. Maybe I should have said BYE BYE HONDA for the 2011 season and he'll jump on with Suzuki and RD which is very likely IMHO. Yamaha has a solid team with a healthy JS and JH and Kawis probably got most of thier funds wrapped up in RV and Reed. I hope he does leave and win the championship next year so he can prove how ignorant they are. Sorry for venting but it boggles my mind how Honda always seems to show the ability to blow an oppurtunity that was placed on thier doorstep on a silver platter.:lol:

Can't blame you for your passion. :thumbsup:

Canard talks about some of those things in this podcast from The Moto Show:

http://www.pulpmx.com/moto_show/archives/MotoShow/100322motoshow_canard_weege.mp3