Sign in to follow this  

NorthCarolina The General

I had my first attempt at the afternoon race this weekend. 1st 2 laps I was fighting for position...the last 3 laps I was fighting for survival. It was a great track except the ruts and mud holes. I never got stuck and only tipped over once. I was ready for the checkers to be thrown. I have never been passed so much in my life. Oh well, It was fun! How did everyone else do? I know Greg Reynolds got second. Way to go, Bro!:banana:

did the afternoon race run a little longer course than the morning race?

3.5 hours is a long time to be racing... I can see how you'd be hoping for the finish.

Yes, it was a longer course........1 million miles longer or at least it felt like it.

I had my first attempt at the afternoon race this weekend. 1st 2 laps I was fighting for position...the last 3 laps I was fighting for survival.

:banana: Now that be funny. DEF been there.

How did you finish?

thanks Brinker! I was so awesome to be racing again! See yall this weekend somewhere.

:banana: Now that be funny. DEF been there.

How did you finish?

22 in my class and 268 overall. My 1st 2 laps were mid 30's and my last 3 were mid to high 40's.

I have been working on trying to upload video from the race since Monday.... between failed attempts and the internet going down during the uploads I still haven't gotten them up yet. It is good video though, hope to have it up by this evening or in the morning at the worse.

I am still sore from the race. Came in 21st out of 38 riders in my class and 126th overall, I ran the morning race though.

I have been working on trying to upload video from the race since Monday.... between failed attempts and the internet going down during the uploads I still haven't gotten them up yet. It is good video though, hope to have it up by this evening or in the morning at the worse.

I am still sore from the race. Came in 21st out of 38 riders in my class and 126th overall, I ran the morning race though.

Did you use the go pro HD?

22 in my class and 268 overall. My 1st 2 laps were mid 30's and my last 3 were mid to high 40's.

Way to go on ur first pm race. I believe there were about 350 riders starting.

I only know how a 2+hrs. race feels, couldn't imagine another hour tacked

on to that.

Did you use the go pro HD?

Yes, and hopefully it will be on my vimeo page in about 3 hours!

interesting video GyroRon. man that track was in perfect condition for the morning races!

interesting video GyroRon. man that track was in perfect condition for the morning races!

Track looked good at the start, except it was greasy and slick as owl crap in most places. Plus the mudholes were innocent looking, till they started swallowing bikes!

It was probably more beat up for the afternoon race, but you guys had much drier ground to grab traction on.

hmmm... perhaps that trials tire is to blame for your early wipe-out, and eventually costing you a good bit of time ... just sayin'.

I was thinking the same thing.... except you might have noticed I had to ride over a suzuki's back wheel ( knobbie equipped no less ) after he spilled in front of me in a turn. The track was just un predictable. But trust me, I was wonding if my tire had anything to do with it.

It was probably more beat up for the afternoon race, but you guys had much drier ground to grab traction on.

it was ( and always is ) way more ripped up for the afternoon race. and your traction problems wasn't due to the dirt........

it was ( and always is ) way more ripped up for the afternoon race. and your traction problems wasn't due to the dirt........

Ahhlawd, here we go again. :lol: HaHa

Enjoyed the video Ron. Thanks for posting it.

You did a heck of a job getting back up to where you did

after all the time lost b4 you got into the woods.:banana: