Sign in to follow this  

w00t! Paid Off the truck!

I leased my '06 Frontier SE back in 2007 and got a nice deal on it at the time since they were trying to get rid of the 06s they still had in stock.

The price on it at the time was right at $22,100 (with the V6 Auto, PWR group, Stereo, etc) and I got it for $201/mo for 39 months with $0 down.

They wrote the contract up with a residual of $10,200 and, when the lease period was complete last November, the truck still Blue Booked for almost $14,000 because I put so few miles on it.

When the lease came to an end, I took a small loan from my credit union to buy the truck and just finished paying it off this morning.

Adding all my lease payments and my loan payment, I ended up paying like $18,039 over 43 months. (comes to almost $4100 under sticker price)

and it's MINE. ALL MINE! :banana:

I hope this post doesn't jinx me and I end up totalling it :lol:

Good Job Mandark!! It's an excellent feeling isn't it?

I remember when I paid off my first house, I literally felt like the stress level in my life dropped about 98%!! LOL!

HB

I know how you feel! My 5 yr, 20k loan was paid off 15 months ago. Never thought it would come to an end, seems like.

BUT, if you hadn't receive your title yet from your credit union, wait until you get it in the mail. It'll make you feel even BETTER! :banana:

I called the credit union this morning after seeing the payment post to pay off the loan and they said it'd take a week to 10 days to get the title to me...

That'll be a nice day to go out to lunch and have a nice steak!

What I think I'll do for now is take that normal monthly payment I'd been making to the bank and put it up in preparation for getting a new bike.

My 1998 YZ 250, while currently in showroom condition, is more than a little long in the tooth, age-wise, so parts are starting to be harder to find for it.

I think I may put away around $6000 this year and sell the bike, then use that to buy a 2010 or 2011 YZ 250.

The thought of making more payments, especially in this economy, gives me the chills so I believe I'll save up before making any major purchases from now on...

The math doesn't make sense, but congratulations anyway. As Cowboy said, nothing drives like a paid-for vehicle. (The second part of what he said will put you in paid-for vehicles for life).

.... they said it'd take a week to 10 days to get the title to me...

That'll be a nice day to go out to lunch and have a nice steak!

better yet, go to Costco and get you the USDA prime gold label pack of ribeye, filet mignon, or T bone steaks for $10/lb and throw it on the grill. I will guarantee you that there isn't a single restaurant out there that'll even come close to a Costco steak. Not even Ruth's, not even Andersen's steak house.:banana: Pocket the savings into your 2011 YZ250 fund. :lol:

it only took me 6 months to pay my truck off, altho it was only 12,100 but still, now i am not paying for it anymore, payments drive me nuts, every is like "how the hell did you come up with that much money so fast".....i spend it on payments and nothing elese, (still live with the rents so no expenses)...but i am still spending all the money i make on my truck on accessories now sooo :banana:

Congrats, leases and buyouts rarely work in the consumers favor, but this is the exception to the rule! :banana:

I second the idea to continue to put away the payment into a seperate, high yield savings account. This way, when it's time to replace this truck, you'll have cash on hand you never 'missed'.