Sign in to follow this  

Jetting

Hello guys,

after a few questions and some clarification from some helpfull members :banana: i finally found out what the set up of my recently bought drz 400 sm is. only question left is what jetting should i use?

3x3 mod

Dynojet stage 1 kit

Stock header with slip on

Aftermarket Camshafts

Mikuni BSR 36

Kientech extended fuel screw

slightly below sealevel.

i was thinking of 155 main and 22.5 pilot as i have the kientech screw, but how many turns out?

thanks for your answers!

Greetings Richard

155 sounds a bit big for the Stage 1 kit. I'm running either 142.5 or 145 at the moment (I'll have to look at my notes to be certain) 3x3, stock cams, BSR 36, E header, stock S muffler, sea level, and stage 1 kit. Stock PJ (22.5) at 2.75 turns out on Kientech screw. That's the nice thing about an adjustable fuel screw, if it's not right it's pretty easy to move it in or out. If nobody has a suggestion here you might try posting over in the jetting forum.

155 sounds a bit big for the Stage 1 kit. I'm running either 142.5 or 145 at the moment (I'll have to look at my notes to be certain) 3x3, stock cams, BSR 36, E header, stock S muffler, sea level, and stage 1 kit. Stock PJ (22.5) at 2.75 turns out on Kientech screw. That's the nice thing about an adjustable fuel screw, if it's not right it's pretty easy to move it in or out. If nobody has a suggestion here you might try posting over in the jetting forum.

you have the S model i guess? forgot to mention i have a SM.

I thought the difference was in the kits not the carbs on the S vs SM. The stage 1 kit came out first and was designed to rejet the carb with out the 3x3. The stage two kit came out later and is set up to include the 3x3. Hopefully one of the gurus will chime in and straighten me out if I'm wrong. What do the instructions in the kit say?

the carbs are the same other than the main air jet being different on the sm.the dyno jet stg one kit is for the s-model carb and no 3x3.the dyno jet stg 2 kit is for use with the 3x3 mod.the needle profile for the sm is different than the s model.

i would start with a 155mj,22.5pj,with the needle at the 4 pos from the top.set your fuel screw acording to the "how to comfirm your pilot circut" in the FAQ's.once you have done this go for a ride and see how it runs.you can also take the airbox door off to see if it runs better.if it does run better with the door off then your too rich on the main