Sign in to follow this  

ttr 250 performance

I have a 2006 ttr 250 and i am looking to up the performance. I have already upgraded to a pro circuit pipe, and adjusted the carb set screw. I was thinking about a new carb but do not know what that will do or where to get one. also i have been trying to find an aftermarket header that will fit my bike. does anyone know where i can get these. Or if anyone has anymore suggestions?

I have the same ride as you do, with a Pro Circuit Pipe, jets, airbox, K&N Filter. Bike runs great. I tried to find this one post of this one guy who modded out his TTR 250 for racing, which was pretty cool but couldn't locate it. Anyway I have done some research on the bike also and there isn't much out there to tell you the trueth. the bike just isn't popular enough. I would call FMF or Pro Circuit on the header but I don't think so. Do a search on the homepage of TT and look up TTR 250. You will get a bunch of stuff. But maybe alot you already have. If you find anything else PM me and let me know I will be interested also

I have a 2006 ttr 250 and i am looking to up the performance. I have already upgraded to a pro circuit pipe, and adjusted the carb set screw. I was thinking about a new carb but do not know what that will do or where to get one. also i have been trying to find an aftermarket header that will fit my bike. does anyone know where i can get these. Or if anyone has anymore suggestions?

If you haven't re-jetted the carb, that's the most obvious and important mod to go along with your pipe. It was already too lean, now it's even leaner. The Pro Circuit is less-restrictive, you need to open the airbox and properly jet for the best performance.

Neither the pipe, header or re-jetting will be earth-shattering upgrades..mostly will increase throttle response and a tiny bit of top end. You can shed the rev-limiter, and re-gear for your riding conditions...that might make a big difference.

If you really want more, go with a big-bore kit.

yes i already rejetted the carb whenever i put the pipe on it. i was thinking about cutting off part of the reed in the air box but do not want to put my bike in danger of getting water in it.

yes i already rejetted the carb whenever i put the pipe on it. i was thinking about cutting off part of the reed in the air box but do not want to put my bike in danger of getting water in it.

You can use a larger snorkel, and mod the airbox to accept it. I can't remember offhand but there's a snorkel that has the right dimensions for the typical TTR/Aftermarket pipe airbox hole (6 sq. inches). A search may find that.