Sign in to follow this  

Motorcross rider Banned from all Midwest Tracks because of law suit

Check out Midwest forum. We started a thread saying that if you want to sue a motocross for an accident you should be banned from riding. Now all tracks within 500 miles of him have banned him. Do you think this was the right thing to do and should we go national with this idea or is there a better solution? The forum was closed because so many people were upset and started personal attacks.{ Over 6,000 views.}

• Like 1

If I owned a track and someone said they should be able to sue for a accident, that person would no longer be welcome to ride my track. JMO.

Sign a release and if you get hurt....tough crap. You ride at your own risk. This why a lot of public places are getting shut down. "Sue happy" people [and lawyers] are destroying this sport and country!

I agree with that completely. America is "sue happy" to the point it's gotten ridiculous. If you take your bike out on a track or trail, you risk personal injury or damage to your bike every single time. I can think of very few instances where the property owner could be at fault.

If some idiot hurt himself on my neighbors track and then sued him, I sure as hell wouldn't that idiot riding on MY property.

I'd say it should be case by case though. You know, if the property owner accidentally runs over you with a tractor or something, he should probably be liable.... lol

Sign a release and if you get hurt....tough crap. You ride at your own risk. This why a lot of public places are getting shut down. "Sue happy" people [and lawyers] are destroying this sport and country!

I agree 100%.

GO NATIONAL! I cant stand idiots that sue tracks for getting hurt. Its a dangerous sport and sh!t happens, but dont go and ruin it for the rest of us just because you cant afford your medical bills.

That was my message. Now that this has happened in our area I encourage others to follow. We all know now that if you file a law suite in my area, sell your bike and sit on the couch and watch the rest of us play because we do not want to be associated with people like you.

i dont know why anybody would think that they can sue a track owner when they had full knowledge that they were partaking in a dangerous activity. I would suck to be banned from all tracks within a 500 mile radius, but then again this guy more than likely deserves it. I think waivers would solve this problem for the most part.

The damage has been done. Even if he drops the law suite I,m Sure he will never be able to ride at a track again and he will probably loose or get very little. It may not prevent law suites but it will make them think twice about it.:banana:

I'd say it should be case by case though. You know, if the property owner accidentally runs over you with a tractor or something, he should probably be liable.... lol

LOL! how many times has that seriously happened? :banana:

Ban them for life...nation wide. its this type of thing that hurts us all and a major reason why it is tough to get someone to allow you to ride on their private land..

Ban them for life...nation wide. its this type of thing that hurts us all and a major reason why it is tough to get someone to allow you to ride on their private land..

I agree totally..

A nation-wide BAN for anyone who signs a release, then brings a lawsuit against a track.

That'd be an initiative I'd definitely support.

A nation-wide ban would be a great way to protect tracks. At the same time if it is the track owner's fault then the owner should be somewhat responsible. An example would be driving a bobcat out into a blind section of the track with no flagger while people are on the track, thats the track owner being irresponsible.

i dont know why anybody would think that they can sue a track owner when they had full knowledge that they were partaking in a dangerous activity. I would suck to be banned from all tracks within a 500 mile radius, but then again this guy more than likely deserves it. I think waivers would solve this problem for the most part.

i'm not sure how it is where you live. but, anytime i go to an event on private land you have to sign a waiver when you pay the gate fee. unfortunately that doesn't stop people from trying to sue.

I had a buddy that had an awesome track in his back yard and we used to all ride there all the time. But then a stupid kid was invited to ride with us (quadtard mind you) and he was riding out of his abilities so we told him to slow down a little and have a good time well several laps later he decides to hit a triple that most of the regular guys don’t hit and broke his wrist. Well after that happened he decided due to crappy insurance he would try to sue my buddy’s parents. Well long story short he ended up dropping the lawsuit and now he is no longer riding in any tracks in the area. But my friends parents shut down the area and bulldozed the track over. So anybody that believes along with that guy should be banned for good when you kick your bike over its your responsibility no body else.

Here in newzealand..we have to sign releases..then if an accident does happen its on the rider ..but if a fatal accident were to happen it would be investigated by.... OSH - ocupational health and safety....and it would be this government department that would take the organisers of the event to court

i'm not sure how it is where you live. but, anytime i go to an event on private land you have to sign a waiver when you pay the gate fee. unfortunately that doesn't stop people from trying to sue.

that's exactly how it works for me too, but then again i live in canada... that's a different coloured horse i guess

Simple: a private business should be able to refuse service to anyone for any reason, including not liking the look of someone's haircut. We are not entitled to anyone's private services.

On a certain level, right? Denying someone due to ethnicity for example isn't the same as denying someone because they're arrogant... :banana: