Sign in to follow this  

Older YZ 125 frame

I didnt think much of it when I first bought the bike in 2001 but did the aftermarket ever produce a different race frame for them? When I tried to register it there was no vin numbers on the frame so the dmv had to do some research to make sure it was hot then they issued a new vin. I did a little digging around to see if i could find any numbers or stuff on the frame but couldnt find anything. They guy I got it from in navada said the bike used to be raced.

I dont know if it would have any frame work that extensive done to it unless it was a full factory bike and even at that I dont know that they alter the frame. Subframe is a whole different story. But to answer your question if the bike did have a vin # on it it would be on the neck of the frame (steering stem). If not my guess would be that the frame was painted and the number was covered up!

a frame can be puchased as a part from Yamaha and it would come with no V.I.N. stamped on it..... possible the original frame was cracked and was replaced. My old 94's engine cradle was getting fairly beat up and thin from rusting, I bought a new frame from the parts counter and now I have a bike with no vin.