Sign in to follow this  

50/70 Stator Build

Does anyone have some information or know of any good links to build a stator from magnet wire for a 50 or 70?? The use of the stator would be for running a headlight and possibly a tail light.

nothing there??

hmmm..it worked before when I posted it, but click HERE for the post within that same thread.

...sorry about that

Got it all wrapped up. Producing 13 volts at idle and 46 volts at 8000 rpm.:banana: Just waiting for a voltage regulator now. Thanks guys!!

nice!

Did you have any problems finding the magnetic wire?

I called every alternator shop in our town none would sell it.. Finally found a TINY hole in the wall electric motor rebuild shop, that sold me a full pound of 18awg magnetic wire for only $7.50! Was enough to do my 50 and 150f and still had a lot left over :banana:

I couldn't find any local. I was gonna get some from ebay, but got to talkin to one of my buddies who wound his own stator not too long ago and still had plenty left over. FREEBIE.:lol: Most all places that I called had no idea what the hell I was even talking about.:banana::banana:

Does anyone know if a standard 12 volt LED tail light will work with 12 volts AC? I'm sure that it would if a series of diodes were placed before the light converting the AC to DC, but then again a LED is a diode so are they needed. I'm thinking of putting an LED on the rear simply because not a lot of light is needed in the rear and it should keep the amperage a little lower on the stator.