Sign in to follow this  

Standing up...

How long did it take you before you could do everything standing, smoothly and confidently, shift up and down, and breaking, foot and hand?

Not very long. I always found standing to be the most exciting way to get that total freedom feel we all love from motorcycles.

Learning to ride I was like an ADHD 6 year old on pixie stix. All over the bike; leaning as far forward as possible to look at my front knobies as they at up some dirt; leaning off the side just to see how far until the bike began to wobble; standing at tall as possible; crouching as low as I could get; sitting on the rear fender.

Basically just having a blast on the motorcycle and not really thinking about how long it took to learn something because learning was something that took work. And riding my motorcycle was the farthest thing in the world from work at the time. :banana:

It depends on how often you ride, but it won't take very long. It comes naturally as you become more experienced.

You will find out it takes alot more leg \ thigh strength to do this ... Bike riding or squats or just seat time will fix this issue ...