Sign in to follow this  

07 MRD Pipe on 06

I'm wondering if I can fit a 07yz250f full MRD System on my 06. How different are the head pipes? I've been told there different shapes but I'm wondering if it is maybe only a bit different to where a exhaust shop could maybe re shape the header a little to fit on my 06. Anybody know bout a 07 system on a 06? I tried searching.

I'm wondering if I can fit a 07yz250f full MRD System on my 06. How different are the head pipes? I've been told there different shapes but I'm wondering if it is maybe only a bit different to where a exhaust shop could maybe re shape the header a little to fit on my 06. Anybody know bout a 07 system on a 06? I tried searching.

the muffler assy. will fit , but the header wont , the angle coming out of the head is different , a good muffler shop could alter it , but make sure they know it is SS

alright since I see your the owner of mrd, would altering the head pipe affect the performance of the exhaust system for the bike any? i know you couldnt know for a fact but theoretically speaking would it?

alright since I see your the owner of mrd, would altering the head pipe affect the performance of the exhaust system for the bike any? i know you couldnt know for a fact but theoretically speaking would it?

As long as the dimensions of the pipe are kept the same (length and diameter) it shouldn't really affect how it performs. I have put an 06 full system on an 07 before, just had to play with it to get it to seal at the head and use a new crush gasket in the head, never had a problem. So you may be able to use the 07 header on the 06 if you mount it carefully.

just changibg the angle of the bend wont change it

As long as the dimensions of the pipe are kept the same (length and diameter) it shouldn't really affect how it performs. I have put an 06 full system on an 07 before, just had to play with it to get it to seal at the head and use a new crush gasket in the head, never had a problem. So you may be able to use the 07 header on the 06 if you mount it carefully.

correct , but a system with a slip joint wont allow enough play to account for the exhaust port angle difference , stock soft seal joints can take some angle and allow them to fit