Sign in to follow this  

Kdx200

Upsides? downsides?

Is it better then the XR250?

Would it be worth trading a XR250 for a KDX200? If not why not? if so, what year would be a good trade for '96 XR250?

a kdx 200 would be the next logical bike since your on a xr250.

just as reliable, but alot more flickable because of the weight and power

you could trade it for like a 1996-2000 kdx depending on the condition of both bikes

it kinda depends on what you're looking for. i have a '96 KDX 200 and i would much rather have it than a XR 250. i like 2 strokes!

Its a great bike! With aftermarket pipe and muffler it has unbelievable power for trails and woods riding. Very reliable and durable bike!

As far as cons go, front springs are on the soft side. Its a little heavy (240 lbs). Old school rear fender, which can be replaced to mx style. Limited aftermarket parts availability computable with it.

I just sold mine. It was a perfect bike to start off and by making some mods it was very competitive in enduros and hare scrambles as well! I would highly recommend a KDX 200.

i just got rid of minee to.

it didnt have quite enough power, little to heavy, and it wasnt as flickable as id like.

but i weigh like 130, im 17, and was raised on 250 2 strokes, so it was a predictable outcome.

with that said, i reccomend it to...ANYBODY that would ever even CONSIDER an XR for a moment

I really like them both, but would probably chose the KDX

well, i got the XR for a steal, and i thought it was gonna be a flop, but it turned out to be excellent mechanically, but it looked really bad, it needed some serious TLC, and that is what it got. I changed the oil the first day i got it, the oil was black as sin, so I ran some cheap stuff through it, rode it on a friends property for a few hours then replaced the oil again along with a new filter.

Thanks jos, I'm pretty set on plastics right now, I may pick up a new rear fender, but that would be it, the other plastics aren't too bad.

a kdx 200 would be the next logical bike since your on a xr250.

just as reliable, but alot more flickable because of the weight and power

you could trade it for like a 1996-2000 kdx depending on the condition of both bikes

This hit the nail on the head.............

anyone else have any possibles for a cheap reliable 2t trail bike? i'm open to anything really, just has to be cheap and reliable

You might get this for about $1200

http://waterloo.craigslist.org/mcy/1625919735.html

And this

http://cedarrapids.craigslist.org/mcy/1625514001.html

Just throw a massive FWW and a throttle cam and you will be good to go...

No go on either haha, First 1 waterloo iowa?? And i have talked to the guy that owns the local shop that sell kawasaki's and he says '01's have problems

and thanks for the suggestions though

I'd recommend the KDX200 also (but I'm kinda biased:smirk:). Coming from an XR250, you'll be pleased with the added snap and lighter weight of the KDX I'm sure.

Get the jetting right, the forks sprung for your weight, and they are a joy to ride. If you get some spare $$, an FMF Gnarly pipe does wonders for them too.

I even had a "modern" (though non e-start) '01 WR250F. Compared to my KDX, the WR was lead heavy, under powered, and rediculously hard to start when hot.

KDX200 may not be an upper class race bike, but will do for C class enduros and harescrambles, and is really hard to beat for a trail riding.:banana: