Sign in to follow this  

SouthCarolina Riding on 13th or 14th - Manchester S.F.

Hey all - I've only been there once but it was a good time (Jan 2010). My buddy can't ride this wkend, but I'd still like to hit the trails. If not Manchester, does anyone know if Wambaw is open? I'll ride at either, but I really don't like riding alone (not safe). All the trails at Manchester were fun - just have to make sure you don't blow by the Black single track trail. Lemme know with a post or a PM.. Thanks..

I plan to hit the NCHSA race this weekend but will be running the unlimited race instead of 250B.

Not sure of the grooming.. the sand whoops there were just like the ones in the sandy Pine Barrens of NJ - MY KTM 200 loved them.

It looks like me and my buddy are going to Palmetto Motorsports Complex on sunday - of course the more the merrier .. Does anyone know what the trails there are like ? It says they are "wide" and clean...???

I've been to PMSC several times, but I haven't been since having by biceps re-attached last July.

They're wide, but can get rooty. They do try and keep on top of grooming.

The lower trail is the shorter one. It can have some standing water after some hard rains. It also has some soil that tends to turn to something slightly slicker than graphite when wet.

The upper trail is the longer and has very slight elevation changes, but nothing worth mentioning (although I did.) The low spots can hold water. It tends to have more roots than the lower.

For the few trails they have I've always managed to have a good time.

That's probably where I'll end up this weekend. This will be my first ride since surgery and my arm can't take the whoops yet.

We decided against Palmetto MX complex - we are going to go to Manchester and take it easy on the red trail (whoops galore) and ride the black single track trail a few times.. You should come and join us - we're not blazing riders (we're just out to have a good time).. Uncle Sam would be really pissed off if myself or my friend hurt ourselves and couldn't report to work on Monday.. So come on out..

Edited by Bobdrz400s04

Wambaw trails have been closed for quite some time now due to all the rain. you can call this phone # anytime to get updates on trails from the forestry. 803-561-4025

nice dude. I'll be there in a white EDGE ranger ext cab with a Orange 200 exc in the back .. haven't decided on start time yet.. what ya riding ?

If I just come by myself I will be driving a white f350.

Ride a Honda 450 bike #747.

Will be there around 8:30am and gone by noon.

Been 5 months sents last time there!

I'll be riding manchester Sunday with Bob Whit all the last days rain there should be not so much dust.

Chikenboy I don’t think that Manchester was groomed recently but the black trail is still in decent condition, the only problem is to reach it because, it’s at midway on the red trail, and a lots of whoops to get there, I’m planning to ride the red trail so slow that all those whoops just became gentle little hills

:banana:

I'll be there at noon with a Yamaha 250F and a silver Tacoma.

Permit are available online here:

https://ssl.sc.gov/scfcpermitsales/

It wasn't groomed as of this morning.

haha.. that's funny but a good update none the less.. must have been using your phone or blackberry.. thanks dude..

I might be going to pmsc on Sunday. But i will be riding slow due to my eye problem. Getting slightly better but it still sucks big time. Doc says "...you'll get used to it."

Fabry,

Woodsy, Jay and I will be at Manchester around 9:30. I've got to leave no later than 1:30 though. We're meeting friends for my birthday.

Fabri and I will be getting a later start - probably 12 noon and riding till 5 (hopefully :banana:) .. My parents were in town (en route to FL) and I'll catch hell if I leave before them tomorrow. Should be a great day regardless.

i rode manchester 2 weeks ago, its freaking rough. im not familiar with a black trail, your best bet is to hit the medium trail which i think is green, and when you come to the clearing with all the crap everywhere, just go through it. the trail will appear to bend to the left, but that just takes you back to the beginning. if you truck through all the trees which i did, you get to some actually decent riding. its pretty worth it.