Sign in to follow this  

Trade 06RMZ 250 for 03 RM 250

Is this a good trade. I love my RMZ but would like a 2 stroke. What do you guys think?

Also any info on the 03 RM 250 would be helpfull as well.

Thanks!

Well... I had an 07 RM-Z250, found a blown up 03 RM250, rebuilt it completly. Started riding the RM and the RM-Z sat and is now up for sale and I went out and bought an 06 RM250 if that tells you anything.... I would take the 03 but if you can get an 04 or newer that would be even better.

Do it before something terrible happens to the RMZ's engine! Hahaha, that's boo~koo bucks in comparison to a blown anything on the RM!

You'll love the RM for many reasons, but predictable power won't be one of them (vs. RMZ that is) Ride what suits your style Bro. Do you like a wild thrill ride? RM~ Do you like steady tractor like power? RMZ~

You get the point. The Rm might be more affordable but that's only one way to make a decision. I had an RMZ 450 and it was great. Hell,find a way to get em both!! Keep us posted!

I traded an 06 kxf 250 for my 06 rm250. best thing i couldve ever done for my mx career

I really hate 250 4strokes....... especially the KXF and RMZ 250's.... BUT.... Trade an 06 for a 2003? That seems a little unbalanced. The RM250 is a superior bike, but I would really hold out for a 2004 or newer.

Are they that much better? It seems that people want 2004 and up RM's. Must have been around the time they cloned yamahas engine and got showa in on the mix. Am I getting it?

04 was the change year. Little more bottom rpm range, showa suspension, floating disk brakes, change the rear master cyl and brake mount. Are they that much better than and 03? If you want the up dates they are. I ride an 03, good enough for me. Good luck on your trade.

Thanks for the info! As far as the trade goes I am getting the bike + $800 form him to make it a fair trade, so I can put some $ into it. I have read that the 03's have jetting issues...anyone have these problems?

I think Yamajeb has an 03 and has no problems with it. Of course newer is always better. I had a 08 RMZ250 and really liked it as far as power. BUT I like the RM better. I'm pushing 53 and have rode 2 smokes most of my life so that could be it.

Plus 800 aint a bad deal at all. Make sure his bike is in as good condition as yours first though. If his suspension is beat, bearings shot, tires worn etc your 800 can be blown before you get it up to snuff. Ask me how I know :banana:

I have always had Rm 250 2 strokes an loved them. I also like my RMZ alot but just feels like its missing something ya know...I am just at a loss on what to do..

If his bikes as clean as yours and in as good of condition do it. 800 buys alot of gas, tires, and entrance fees, hell even a riding school or two.

If its ragged out, I say no.

I ride mostly single track trails with good rutty hill climbs and a bit of track..So witch bike would be better for that style?

I say do it then. 250 2 strokes are so much fun. Look it over good and make sure its clean. Check the wheel bearings if its on the stand grab the wheels and try to wiggle them side to side. If you feel some play there bad if none there good. Just try stuff like that to get a feel for how much time is on the bike and how well kept it is.

looks really good. Check the kick starter for any cracks lug the bike in a high gear, twist the throttle and see if the clutch slips, makes sure the spokes are tight, ask if its been jetted or anything...