Sign in to follow this  

Ideas on how-to install idle mixture screw o-ring?

XR650R 2002

By Idle Mix. Screw I mean the screw on the side of the carb that controls the low speed circuit and NOT the idle adjustment knob.

I think my o-ring may have been bad so I removed it. That little bugger was down there deep. Any tips on putting it back in without damaging it?

I was thinking on just slipping it over the end of the mixture screw and siliconing it up to make it slide past the carb body threads and into place.

there should be in this order--carb body---oring, washer, spring on the pilot screw. It should self seat to the best of my knowledge.

XR650R 2002

By Idle Mix. Screw I mean the screw on the side of the carb that controls the low speed circuit and NOT the idle adjustment knob.

I think my o-ring may have been bad so I removed it. That little bugger was down there deep. Any tips on putting it back in without damaging it?

I was thinking on just slipping it over the end of the mixture screw and siliconing it up to make it slide past the carb body threads and into place.

Most of the time the o-ring is actually on the end of the needle. Just put it on the end after the washer and put the needle in.

XR650R 2002

i just replaced mine the same way the other guys explained but have not tested it yet.what problems were you having if any with the dodgy o ring.

The "O" ring, washer and spring are in the reverse order on the XR650R compared to the XR650L per parts drawings, is this correct or a misprint?

of why this forum needs to be split--apples\oranges--the only thing that is the same is they are both 650 Honda's other than that no assumptions should be made.