Sign in to follow this  

250 sxf

Hey guys,

i'm thinking of going orange and getting a 250 sxf is there anything i should know about these bikes? I have never owned a ktm before, whats the maintainance like?

Is there anywhere i can get a 250 for a good price?

I just bought an 09 and I'm very happy.

Just need to dial in my suspension and I'll be very very happy.

I'm only 140 lbs so it is a bit harsh on me stock.

Maintenance is way cheaper on them. I have a 2005 and it still runs super strong no issues at all and its been rode a ton. You'll end up paying for a jap bike twice over compared to a KTM.

I have an 07 and I bought it one year old in 08 for 4500 used at the ktm dealer so you can find a good deal. As far as maintainance goes it is way easier to maintain than my buddy's honda. It also breaks less lol.

I just bought a leftover 08 250 sxf. Is there anything i should know or any known problems with this model?

I will be using it for trail riding.

I just bought a leftover 08 250 sxf. Is there anything i should know or any known problems with this model?

I will be using it for trail riding.

The only thing you should know is it's got the best brakes in the class, hydraulic clutch and by far the best asthetics/build quality of any 250f . The only thing I had to do when I went orange was play a lot with the clickers, and be a bit more precise with race sag than my old zuk. The clicker adjustments aren't any harder to dial in, just different. Mind you I'm no whiz when it comes to that sort of thing.

Thanks Saskdrz,

I heard there was a recall on this model does anyone have any info on this?

There was a recall with the motor on the 2008 250sxf but i cant remember what it was, I just bought a 2008 from my uncle and he said he had to take both of them into the dealer for the recall and it was fixed at the dealer and honored by KTM

I heard about that as well, it was the crank and the one i bought has the replacements

done to it already.

How do you like the 08 motox?