Sign in to follow this  

2007 crf 230 x

Last weekend at the end of the day on the trail I noticed the clutch is slipping and I could not go fast and every time I rev up I am not going fast. I need help, please show me how to fix this problem. I do not have a manual. Please show me a step by step procedure to fix it. Thanks.

First be sure you have some play in the cable. As the clutch wears it needs more cable. Loosen the adjustment at the clutch lever.

But once it starts slipping you are on your way to a new clutch pack.

I got a manual for 04 crf 250x but not for a 230, you think I could use it as guide to fix my 230 transmission? Thanks for the advice.

try adjusting it first of all.

Secondly i would change your oil, you didnt by anychance put a detergent type oil in it did you ? because that could cause extremly poor clutch performance.

I dont know how a 2007 crf230 clutch pack would be gone to be honest. I have an 06 with quite few hard hours on it and the clutch plates dont even look the slightest bit worn.

I did adjust the clutch cable and change the oil. But I noticed some residue, like dark brown materials but for sure not metal, on the oil plug and filter screen. I put new oil on it and test ride it on my neighborhood, and it works so far. I just don't know how it's going to be on the trail. Thanks.