Sign in to follow this  

KTM headlight

I think these look pretty sexy.

http://www.ktmcyclehutt.com/ktm-parts/ktm-parts.php?sku=7800800100004SS&title=KTM-Headlight-Mask&year=&ktm-model=&category=Plastic-Bodyparts&fit=Headlight-Masks&fitment=bigbikes

Has any one fitted something similar up - would it work? Ideally I'd like something as bright as the stock headlight or better. Not too keen on the cyclops and acerb offerings.

$25 for OEM KTM? Is that the whole unit or just the plastic. Seem WAY to cheap.

Thats just for the plastic around it. I have the whole headlight on my drz. This light looks great but is about as usful as tits on a bull with stock bulb. I put the stock H4 bulb in mine for while and it melted the housing a little. I put the stock bulb back in.

sicass racing makes a 40/45 Halogen bulb 15 buck

PMXTEC makes 70 osram bulb with a plastic adapter 55 bucks

Baja Designs makes an HID kit 200 bucks.

So once you pay 75 for the complete light and then you gotta pick an option to make it perform.

I installed the factory headlight on my 530 xcw and also installed the Baja Designs HID upgrade kit. If you can afford it works pretty good. The HID is definitely a great upgrade you will just need to spend the coin for it. I installed the light, the HID upgrade and DC converter as well as upgraded the stator so I could run anything on the bike. One thing you want to make sure of is that you buy the all the parts needed to install. They sell the mask (the orange part), the headlight (separately), as well as the rubber straps that go to the forks.

$100 bucks for factory light/mask/rubber straps

$195 for the HID upgrade (Baja Design)

$85 for the upgraded stator.

All is good now.:banana:

Edited by CATWORKS
forgot pertinent information

I installed the factory headlight on my 530 xcw and also installed the Baja Designs HID upgrade kit. If you can afford it works pretty good. The HID is definitely a great upgrade you will just need to spend the coin for it. I installed the light, the HID upgrade and DC converter as well as upgraded the stator so I could run anything on the bike. One thing you want to make sure of is that you buy the all the parts needed to install. They sell the mask (the orange part), the headlight (separately), as well as the rubber straps that go to the forks.

$100 bucks for factory light/mask/rubber straps

$195 for the HID upgrade (Baja Design)

$85 for the upgraded stator.

All is good now.:banana:

How is the pattern now?

I was afraid putting in a decent bulb might melt something - this headlight allows a high/low road legal beam though?

Does the HID use less power and not melt anything (while providing lots of light)?

I was afraid putting in a decent bulb might melt something - this headlight allows a high/low road legal beam though?

Does the HID use less power and not melt anything (while providing lots of light)?

My light is on my drz400 and I did put my h4 bulb in this light and it melted the top quite a bit. I am now looking to either buy another housing 75$ or go with the trailtech x2 that pputs out a LOT of light. I just think this one looks better. I dont really care for X2's looks but I think that may be the way I go.

Im hoping catworks will chime in and tell us the beam is good. The beam matters as much as the brightness.

My light is on my drz400 and I did put my h4 bulb in this light and it melted the top quite a bit. I am now looking to either buy another housing 75$ or go with the trailtech x2 that pputs out a LOT of light. I just think this one looks better. I dont really care for X2's looks but I think that may be the way I go.

Im hoping catworks will chime in and tell us the beam is good. The beam matters as much as the brightness.

The pattern is not bad. Im sure there are better but it works for me. There is no high or low beam. The light does come standard with a daytime running light to be legal. Your bike if it is a KTM should have come with one. I wired mine with the factory switch runs the little light and another switch runs the HID. The HID does not get hot. It is plenty bright just need to get it adjusted to the proper range when you are riding. Not to high and not to low. Other than that everything is good.