Sign in to follow this  

Exhaust db question?

I have an 06 kx250f that I am trying to convert over to a woods bike, but my question is how do I make it pass a sound test. I currently have a ti-4 slip-on with the quiet tip installed but I still don't beleive it will pass a sound test. I also have the stock pipe still, but that doesn't have a spark arrestor. I don't really have the money at the moment to buy a whole new exhaust system but I'm not sure what else to do. Maybe there is a temporary fix that will allow me to pass the test.

Also does anyone know a place that can check your db level. I went to a local powersports but they weren't able.

Since the season is almost here, I would try asking one of your local track promoters if they would test it for you.

+1 on the db dawg. It will pass. cheap and easy to install

Sorry to revive an old thread, but AMA District 23 just started to enforce the 94 db limit, and I'm almost 99% certain that my 09 won't pass with the stock muffler even if I repack it.

Am I correct?

Sorry to revive an old thread, but AMA District 23 just started to enforce the 94 db limit, and I'm almost 99% certain that my 09 won't pass with the stock muffler even if I repack it.

Am I correct?

You are correct but if you got a db Dawg and repacked your stock can you'd pass for sure.

However f you will ever need a spark arrestor now would be the time for a slip on. db Dawg, fresh repack (db Dawgs increase the muffler temp so for sure you would want to repack) and spark arrestor would get you most of the way if not all the way to the cost of a slip on.

Thanks for the confirmation.

I've heard that you burn through packing pretty quickly with those db dawgs, so I think I'm just going to get an aftermarket slip on.

I think I can get a good deal on an FMF slip-on. How are the Powercore 4's? They come with a 94 db insert I assume?

I had my carb sent out to Tokyo Mods tuned for the stock exhaust. Still pretty good odds that I'll have to rejet with a new slip-on?

you can try rocket exhaust.. full system for ~300 bones

Just checked and base price for 09-11 kx250f is $400, but it's an extra $50 for the 94db insert.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

I think I can get a good deal on an FMF slip-on. How are the Powercore 4's? They come with a 94 db insert I assume?

I had my carb sent out to Tokyo Mods tuned for the stock exhaust. Still pretty good odds that I'll have to rejet with a new slip-on?

According to the FMF website the Powercore's 94 db insert is optional but comes with the 4.1 mufflers.

I would go riding first before rejetting. Unless you ride in the desert wide open the increase flow from the slip on may not require rejetting.