Sign in to follow this  

Anyone weigh their 400 XCW?

Seriously considering buying a 2009 400 XCW tomorrow but I'm concerned about the weight. I ride a CRF250R (270 TR kit) setup for woods now. Using my trusty digital bathroom scale, one wheel at a time I get 244lbs for the crf-tank half full with skidplate, handguards, scotts damper, flywheel weight, lights etc...

From what I read in Dirtrider FE390 vs 400XCW test the KTM weighs 249.

Wondering how accurate that is?

I was originally set on the 250 XCFW but now Im not so sure... I loved the power of the drz400 I just sold, and prefer low end torque. If anyone has ridden both, I'd love to hear your opinion.

I ride some enduros, harescrambles but mostly trailride nasty-rocky singletrack with some "last man standing" style climbs etc...

Thanks

The 400 KTM's are wonderful trail bikes. The wet weight with 1/2 tank of gas plus accessories will be in the 265 lb range, or at least 20 lbs heavier than the CRF250R. Remember that the 400/450/530 KTM XC-W's all weigh the same.

well 3/4 tank and oil slime in the tires mine would not go over 255.

we zero ed it and test weighed with known weight.

My '09 400 weighs 278 lbs ready to ride with a full (stock)tank of gas.

I have about 25 lbs of guards and accessories on it:

headlight, taillight, mirror

GPR v4

handguards

pipe guard

skidplate

disc guard

progressive rear spring

Mich X-11 rear Trials tire

Ultra HD tubes

spare tube in airbox

I loved my CRF250 but it was a problem if I lost momentum on a hill and at high altitude. The 400's weight is most noticable on steep downhills and g-outs or jumps but it's a great bike for singletrack and rugged dual sport rides. It is the most versatile and fun bike I have owned!