Sign in to follow this  

Re installing clutch. Quick question.

I took the clutch out to do an inspection and now its time to put it back together.

When putting the pressure plate cap screws back in are you guys using locktite.? It doesnt make any referance to it in the FAQ. I was thinking using a small dab of blue wouldnt hurt but i need to find a good inch/lb torque wrench before i get that far.

The only reason i am wondering is because when i initially broke those bolts loose the seemed to give pretty quickly like a fastener with a small bit of locktite would normally do.

I have never locktited them but can't imagine it would hurt if you used blue.

i don't think theres a torque spec for those bolts. blue can't hurt if used correctly.

Just nice and 'snug'. I've never used loctite and the bike didn't come that way. Always look for it on threads when pulling things apart.

Clymer manual says 7 ft./lbs...

I dont have a torque wrench that goes that low so i was going to buy an inch pound wrench and thats equal to 84 inch pounds..

I'll dab some blue on it unless someone pipes in with a good reason not to.

BTW,, is the rubber gasket re-useable? (on the clutch cover) or should i get a new one. It looks like its possibly a re-useable seal.

The clutch spring pressure tends to hold the bolt. No need to torque much. Snug by hand is fine. No need for Loctite. A dab of blue if it makes you happy. 50-60 inch pounds if you have a proper torque wrench.

Yes, the rubber seal is reusable.

The clutch spring pressure tends to hold the bolt. No need to torque much. Snug by hand is fine. No need for Loctite. A dab of blue if it makes you happy. 50-60 inch pounds if you have a proper torque wrench.

Yes, the rubber seal is reusable.

Thank you sir..

A small dab of blue it will be. :banana: