Sign in to follow this  

3X3 mod without jetting kit help

Ok, some of our friends here already gave me some recommendations, but i would really like some detailed help now.

Thing is im gonna do the 3x3 mod on a 08 Sm, but due to me not living in the US and being poor :lol: ... i dont think it is worth it for me importing the JD kit, so i would like to try getting the parts here and i would really appreciate your recomendations.

So... bottom line, i would be usually riding from 5000 to 7000 feet, so, which parts should i get, which main jet,which needles? any other recommended parts? any special suggestions for this job?

Thx to you all in advanced... and i hope the thread isnt too stuped :banana:

I feel you pain! I have yet to get a jet kit and find it ridiculous that I have to buy a $50-$79 "Kit" for only the jets and a needle that I need. I dont see a point in buying the extras that I do not need.

if you are really 5-7k ft cut the 3x3 hole make sur eit has the stock 142.5 main jet and ride. it will be fine.

Take off the left side cover see how it runs.It's mostlikely rich at that altitude with stock jetting. If it's stock?

if you are really 5-7k ft cut the 3x3 hole make sur eit has the stock 142.5 main jet and ride. it will be fine.

Great! thats kinda the best possible answer from the best possible answerer :banana:

My city is at an elevation of 4900 ft and i ride a lot to a town nearby which is at 6900 ft so ill simply cut the hole. Now, i have another little question, should i be careful if i go riding to places close to sea level?

Take off the left side cover see how it runs.It's mostlikely rich at that altitude with stock jetting. If it's stock?

I think you are right im pretty sure the bike is rich, its stock and i noticed some surge on the mid to high range which is more noticeable when the bike is warm, i cleaned the airfilter and got a lot better but it is still there so i hope the 3x3 Hole will make it go away.

thx again

Again, i have another little question, should i be careful if i go riding to places close to sea level? could i burn something if i do? :

I'm looking for a blue needle for the FCR stock e carb if anyone has one left over from there JD kit?:banana:

it wont run very well at below 4,000 ft.

Anything i could do about that?

Extended screw for example?

Thx again.