Sign in to follow this  

got a report....but doesn't state why

hey everyone...i finally convinced my GP to give me a copy of the surgery report...i have a question regarding it...report says

patient was in clinic today I did a scope and debridement on her. I found a small meniscal tear, but her biggest finding was significant chondral disease of the medial femoral condyle. It was not to the point that i think she should have a knee replacement. She is a little bit better after the debridement. I have asked her to do some physiotherapy and work on her strength and range of motion. I will see her back when she has had a chance to do this. I do not think she is a real good candidate for a tibial osteotomy. She might be helped by an unloader brace, but this will probably going to be a financial strain on her so we will not do this quite yet.

my question is...what would the reason be why I wouldn't be a candidate??

2) is significant chondral diease of the medial femoral condyle...is that bad or just a start of arthritis??

i am in physio now...have been for 3 weeks and the therapist finally stopped beating around the bush and said that my Vastus ??muscle is not working...i asked her about surgery to get my knee cap back to the right spot she said no it will probably boil down to wearing a unloader brace???

i did ask the GP to put it in understanding terms of what this report means...she just laughed....and said yea those big words throw you off...

I have no use for unloader braces, even if you were Bill Gates.

No one wears them for long. They hurt.

If you have chondral disease on the medial frmoral condyle, I would get long standing alignment views to determine what you alignment is. If it is in varus (bowlegged) I would most certain consider a tibial osteotomy. At the same time the patella can be placed where ever it seems to go best.

yikes the braces must be really bad then...i'll keep that in mind.....getting my surgeon to do the xrays..could be a battle he seems to have already made his mind up and suggests i'm not a candidate for the procedure...