Sign in to follow this  

Bike Love

My son 5 is still on this training wheels. He is just too short to hold up his bike yet.This weekend we're going to try to ride with out them.

Anybody that has been around a kid that has training wheels knows that they get stuck a lot. So I've taught him to lean back when he gets stuck and then gas it and he could usually get himself unstuck. Well he forgot to let off the gas and when his back tire hit he popped a wheelie and went over backwards. It looked like form my vantage point that the bars hit him in the face. When I got to him he was crying pretty bad and i thought he was hurt. Well it turns out he broke his rear fender and was crying because his bike was broken.

I have to say that I was pretty proud of him being so passionate about his bike that he was that upset.

Thats too cute, I love the way the little ones look with big helmets on hehe

I have an 11 month old girl and one in the oven which im hoping is a boy so i can get him on to the bikes too!

I am teaching my 5 year old daughter to ride (no training wheels). We have been out 3 times so far and she is picking it up very fast. The last time out she rode about 1.5 hrs straight without a crash. She got over confident, went faster, found a hole, high sided it, and got stuck under the bike. She banged up her knee pretty good, but after she calmed down a bit she said "I can't walk daddy, can you put me back on my bike so I can ride some more?" I was speechless.