Sign in to follow this  

crf250x problem

Hey i have a 2006 crf250x and the engine has been cutting a lot latley and then it is really hard to start it up again. The mkick start is not hard to kick or real easy to kick so i dont think that is has anything to do with the valves or pistons. The engine will turn over but i cant get it to start so i was almost wondering if it was just the spark plug that was bad. I was just wanting to know if anyone knew for sure if it could be the spark plug. Thanks.

Get a new spark plug and go from there. Mine did the same thing and I drove myself nuts trying to find the cause, only to find out the plug was bad. I had the carb off and cleaned about 4 times, checked the valves, replaced the plug cap, tried different CDI boxes, unhooked the kill switch, you name it. My first instinct was to change the plug...but everyone I talked to said "No way, its your valves or the carb is dirty." I'm not saying thats it, but it is worth a shot. Don't waste weeks tearings stuff apart for no reason like I did. :banana: