lowering a 650L

I have shock lowering spacers that can lower the rear any amount you want. They fit inside the shock.

I want to lower mine 1 3/4 ". Do you have spacers for the fork and shock? How much?

If the bike is too big for you to pick up, sell it and buy a DR. WR? Look at smaller bikes.

Your comment makes no sense at all. Lowering my suspension will not change the weight of the bike and will not make the bike easier to "pick up".

I have short legs and want to be able to touch the ground. I use my 525/540 KTM for fast riding. Don't need to touch the ground when I am going faster. But for dual sport/ sightseeing it is easier to get on and off a shorter bike.

"buy a DR.WR? Look at smaller bikes".....I didn't ask your opinion on what bike I should buy. I have bought about 35 bikes using my own opinion.

$38.00 for the rear shock. You can lower the front some by raising the tubes in the triple trees.

Thanks for the reply. I don't want to raise the forks. I will get measurements on the size of spacer that I need. Can you make spacers for forks?

Lowering links is the best way to go. I have the Kouba and it is a high quality unit that lowered the bike about an inch or so. However, I do recommend dropping the forks about the same amount to preserve the proper geometry.

I bought a Kouba link. It is an excellent piece but it made the suspension too soft for me. I might try it again after I get stiffer springs.

I've read a few threads about lowering links changing the effective spring rate and really messing up the handling on some bikes. Or have to re-spring (again for some if you'd already sprung it for your weight)

Pulling the forks up an inch is the simplest way to drop the front and doesn't affect things negatively. Spacers will cost you suspension travel for the lowering.