Sign in to follow this  

PLEASE HELP ME! valve question

Hey im really new to this suspention changing thing. I have a 2008 yz250f and I race motocross (Just c class, im no pro). I weigh around 210 and I know I NEED stiffer springs but do I absolutly have to do this revalve buisness? Im not sure what that even means but im taking it to this Enzo suspension guy to have it done but Im not clear on what I all NEED done? So ok, my question is..... what would be better and why?

1. Have him put in stiffer springs (forks and rear)

OR

2. Have him put in stiffer springs (forks and rear) and have him revalve them.

Yeah, do your self a favor and start with the right springs.

Then talk with Dave J. He will take all the time you need to understand things.

Try his oil at the very least. You need to do a search and read all the comments on this

product.

www.SMARTPerformanceInc.com

Edited by theBueMandM
add info

...I know I NEED stiffer springs but do I absolutly have to do this revalve buisness?

first put in the right springs.

then ask yourself, do you have minor or major issues (maybe bottoming 3 times per lap)?

if you have big problems, revalve it. if not:

do you want to spend the money for an improved suspension? you seem a bit heavy for a 250f, but no one can tell you if the result (compared to the money you have to spend) will satiesfy you. some are really happy, some are disappointed. it's up to you...

the valving on the yzf is pretty good.

hey thanks for the help!! I know im a bit big for the 250f, probably gona look into the 450s next year but I like riding the 250s cuz my friends all ride the 250 class and its always more fun ridin with your buds! As for the suspension goes Craig Decker is doin my suspension and after talking to him for a while I decided to just go ahead and have him do the revalve as long as he has my bike. I definatley trust his judgment you know him being Craig Decker and all :banana: haha.

Thanks for the suggestions!!

hey thanks for the help!! I know im a bit big for the 250f, probably gona look into the 450s next year but I like riding the 250s cuz my friends all ride the 250 class and its always more fun ridin with your buds! As for the suspension goes Craig Decker is doin my suspension and after talking to him for a while I decided to just go ahead and have him do the revalve as long as he has my bike. I definatley trust his judgment you know him being Craig Decker and all :banana: haha.

Thanks for the suggestions!!

Your in good hands with Craig. No worries.