Sign in to follow this  

Street Tires for 2008 DRZ400S

I am in need of a new set of tires for my 2008 DRZ400S that will principally be used for street driving (commuting) with only a small amount of off-road time. I would appreciate any recommendations that you can provide for the best front / rear combination to fit the factory 80/100-21" front and 120/90-18" rear for this purpose. Thank you!

shinko 700's i had some on mine, and if i rode mainly street id still have em on. they stick like a good street tire and feel very stable at high speed and feel very planted in the corners

I use Bridgestone trailwings as road tires they have a deep tread should you wander off road, im on my second set and very satisfied. For desert dirt and sand the Dulop D.O.T.approved 606 knobies really give you a solid feel. They get scary at 80m.ph plus-LOL

Deathwings ( trailwings ) are a pretty good choice for on road tires.

I was very happy with the on road performance of my 18"/21" Avon Distanzias.

Same here... I have these on my plated E model.

Deathwings for street, D606 for dirt is what i run.. The D606's are definitely scary at 70+ but hey they have a nice fade to them coming out of a turn hard on the pipe!

I am in the market for some street tires too.

The Avon Distanzias are EXPENSIVE!! And they don't have a 19" rear.

I am considering the Avon Distanzias for the front tire, but not sure what to get for the rear.

Please post with more tires that you guys have tried !!