Sign in to follow this  

hoping you can help me???

I just got an 06 yz250 and took it for a cruise today and when i got back i noticed a little bit of dripping oil out the side hose on the jug and what looked to be from the pipe. it was kind of a greyish color and was curious if you guys could help me out. I took the pipe off and noticed some rtv on the orings in the pipe and some on the jug where the pipe meets the jug. Just wondering what you guys think this could be. other than that, it started great and rode wonderful. Thanks for all replies.

I just got an 06 yz250 and took it for a cruise today and when i got back i noticed a little bit of dripping oil out the side hose on the jug and what looked to be from the pipe. it was kind of a greyish color and was curious if you guys could help me out. I took the pipe off and noticed some rtv on the orings in the pipe and some on the jug where the pipe meets the jug. Just wondering what you guys think this could be. other than that, it started great and rode wonderful. Thanks for all replies.

More than likely it is just some moisture condensation mixed in with some oil from your powervalve hose. I really don't think it is a problem. Mine did that a couple of weeks ago and at first I was concerned. As it turns out there wasn't anything wrong with the bike at all. I rode it hard Sunday on double track and single track trails as well as on a MX track all in the same day and it performed flawlessly in all three of those environments. I really wouldn't sweat it.

Ok, thanks guys, i was just concerned because it wasnt just one or two drips. it was quite a few but maybe i just need to ride it a while. It dripped for a while then quit so i'll just try and ride it more. Thanks

The major by-product of combustion is water vapor. I think it's very normal. -BIG DAN:thumbsup: