Sign in to follow this  

Husqvarna Canada Expands Race Team (March 9, 2010)

Husqvarna Canada Expands Race Team

March 9, 2010 – Saint John, NB – After the successful launch of its race program at the Toronto motorcycle show in December, Feeding Performance Inc. and Husqvarna Canada are pleased to announce the addition of two up and coming racers to the FP Husqvarna / Zip-Ty Racing Canada team.

Canadian off-road warriors Guy Giroux from Quebec and Marty Halmazna from Alberta will now be joined by young guns Nick and Ryan Graffunder from British Columbia to compete at select events in 2010 including the Canadian Enduro Championship (CEC) rounds and various regional events across Canada. As indicated in December, Halmazna also has his sights set on some of the worlds most extreme races including a return to the infamous Erzberg Hare Scramble in Austria.

“I am really happy to have brothers Nick and Ryan Graffunder as part of this program” says Marc Coffin, Director of Racing for the FP Husqvarna / Zip-Ty Racing Canada Team. “We felt that it was important to support some young, rising stars that represent the future of this sport and I really wanted to reward riders who have proven that they have the skills and desire to compete at a top level.”

Both Ryan and Nick have won Regional Championships in Western Canada and more importantly, they contested the new CEC series in 2009 and turned heads with their impressive rides. The brothers both earned top 10 results highlighted with Ryan finishing top 5 overall in the E2 class and also earning the Top Pro Junior Award for riders under 20 years old.

Guy Giroux, who in addition to racing for the team, will be the driving force behind its operations and will provide valuable guidance to the rest of the team. “I was able to get to know Nick and Ryan during last year’s CEC series. They are great guys with loads of potential and I am definitely looking forward to working with them this year.”

With the 2010 season just about ready to shift into high gear, the Husqvarna Canada program is shaping up nicely and the team is eager for the racing to get started!

Team sponsors include Motovan, Rekluse, Ogio, Dragon, Throttle Entertainment, Lime Nine and Zip Ty Racing.

About Husqvarna Motorcycles Tradition on two wheels since 1903.

Husqvarna Motorcycles, a part of the BMW Group since October 2007, are widely known and respected in the off-road world for a heritage of competition and have accumulated over 70 World Championships in Motocross, Enduro and Supermotard. Originally founded in Sweden in 1903, Husqvarna motorcycles have been designed and manufactured in Varese, Italy since 1987.

For more information on Husqvarna Motorcycles, visit http://www.husqvarna-motorcycles.com