Sign in to follow this  

Couple 07 Kx250F questions

I got my 07 kx250f out for the first time of the season today and I changed the oil before I put it away. I put the recomended amount it. But I cant see oil in the sight glass on the clutch cover. Also the bike seemed to idle really high, even after I warmed it up. Thanks guys!

The weather can have a lot to do with how high a bike idles, which might mean that the jets that worked at the end of the season are too small now (since the bike idles higher). But if it has been stored for a while, it often means that the pilot circuit (often just the pilot jet) has gunk or varnish in it and the carb should be cleaned and/or the pilot jet replaced.

Once the carb is clean, just tune it as you usually would and the bike should be fine. :banana:

Can't comment on the oil level.

My 07 did the oil level thing one time after I had changed the oil and filter. My bike had sat for three weeks after the oil change and I noticed no oil showing on the site glass. Knew I put the right amount of oil because I measure the oil. Started it and let it run for about 5 seconds, then let it sit and the oil settled in between the marks. Kawasaki mechanic said the oil may have been trapped in some of the oil passages. That has been about 35 hours ago on the hour meter and no problems, and it hasn't happened again.

hmm i'll check it, I ran it and didnt notice any oil moving but I never did check it after I shut it off. I'll try going for a ride and if the bike still idles high i'll get it checked out. I dont know enough about these bikes to do the carb myself since I just got the bike last season. Thanks alot for the replys!!

the oil will not so its proper level until the bike is warmed up. the recommended mount is 1.3 qts. then make your adjustments from there.

I ran the bike again today and still couldnt see any oil, even rocked the bike back and forth.

I ran the bike again today and still couldnt see any oil, even rocked the bike back and forth.

When filling oil, you should measure and fill the recommended amount, 1,35 liters.

If you fill until it shows in the window it will disappear when the engine is started.

Also, if you rev the engine a lot just before shutting off, quite a lot of oil will be in the crankcase and not show up in the window.

Only use the window to see that you have oil at all, not to measure by.

Also, the manual even tells you to lean the bike to the right and then straighten up before checking.