Sign in to follow this  

Nevada Moonrocks in June

Gonna be in Reno June 12-20. Looking forward to riding Moonrocks And Dog Valley.

It's good timing. June will be warm, but not excessively hot. Afternoon thunderstorms, suprise snow storms, and moderate/high fire danger. Bring water, and shovels. Make sure you get your Ca. non-resident sticker for your Dog Valley ride. Good friend of mine works for the USFS there, and he's warned me the Sierra Co. Sherrif Dept. has been ticketing people for riding on the main roads, specifically the 02 Road. They hang out at Crystal Campground.

Reno Rodeo will be going on too. Watch out for the cattle drive.

As with all riders, I ask you please pack out more than you pack in. We have numerous jackasses that are destroying our treasured riding areas here. Most of them are locals, but I've also seen non-locals leave more than just tracks or money in the slot machines.

Thanks for the heads up. In the past as long as you weren't being stupid, going from one trail to next hadn't been an issue. Are they cracking down on that or are they just nailing people that are not using good judgement? I will mostly ride out at moonrocks, last year camped at the dog valley campground for 3 days. I was amazed on how trashy that campground has become.

If you use good judgement and ride in a reasonable and prudent manor on the 02 and other main roads, you should be OK.