Sign in to follow this  

02-04 Cylinder Head

They should be about the same. My '06 head had huge clearance. The only way to know for sure is to measure it yourself. RB Designs has complete instructions for measuring the squish on his website.

www.rb-designs.com

Im pretty sure its like $50 to get it corrected, whats wrong with the head you got?

It will probaly be in the high .060's

Try 0.084 on mine!!!

Try 0.084 on mine!!!

O wow! Ya I was just guessing. I have motors that run in the .040 but thats with the compression way up and running on alcohal

O wow! Ya I was just guessing. I have motors that run in the .040 but thats with the compression way up and running on alcohal

The squish can also be run in the 0.040's without raising the compression ratio. RB will machine the dome to whatever ratio you require.

The squish can also be run in the 0.040's without raising the compression ratio. RB will machine the dome to whatever ratio you require.

That's correct. I had mine set to run 100 octane AV gas, but could have just as easily had it set to run pump gas.... or race gas. Just tell him what you want.

Just had 04 250 checked and it was .052 Close enough to perffection for me. I was gonna send it to RB but guess i dont have to now. I guess its the luck of the draw from what i read....

Just had 04 250 checked and it was .052 Close enough to perffection for me. I was gonna send it to RB but guess i dont have to now. I guess its the luck of the draw from what i read....

thanks for answering my Quesion! :banana:

From the reading i have done it seems to be the luck of the draw but i think the 05-07's are worse than the 04 and below. It may of had something to do with Honda trying to phase out the 2 strokes. They wanted to push people more towards the four strokes so they can make more money come rebuild time :banana: The only way to know for sure is to check it with solder. Thats what i had done and now have piece of mind that its all set.