Sign in to follow this  

stealership ratings website

This past week i've been calling all the dealerships and shops in my area looking for the guys who would give me the best price and seemed to know the most for a valve adjustment on my cbr600. One shop said that i needed it done every 8 thousand miles (more like 30), another told me they swapped shims out from compatable bikes so it'd be cheaper for me, another told me that you didn't have to take the cam out to swap shims. One wanted to charge me a little over $190 just to do shims(not including shims at $10 a piece), and i already had the valve cover off and i would have put it together myself. Frankly, I think i would have been better off doing the work myself and taking the chance of not getting the cam sprocket and chain lined up again (only reason i brought it in, i dont have the patience for all the measuring and getting the timing correct). After dealing with all the bull:foul: from these places I got to thinking that there should be a shop ratings website or maybe thread put up in the regional section. People could talk about their experiences with different shops good or bad. Why has nobody ever done this? It'd be good for the shops (the good ones) and the customers. I guess the only way people know reputable shops is from past experiences or word of mouth, which is hard when you dont have many biker friends.

One thing you need to keep in mind when calling a dealer, these days, the service manager/writer who answers the phone often knows nothing other than paperwork. And being you are 'shopping' they see your call as a waste of thier valuable time when they could be chatting up the cluesless parts tootsie.

I have been appalled at the total lack of knowledge at most dealers. You have to push them to get teh correct answer.

I had one service manager refuse to mount my Pilots Powers on my SM because the tires said "Tubeless" and I had spoke wheels and tubes. I take craps smarter than that guy.