Sign in to follow this  

Pitster Pro X4R 150cc Best carb??

What is the best carb for the GPX 150cc motor?

The stock knock off carb is sucking nuts and I'd rather just replace it with something better.

Id like to know as well ive jetted mine 5 or 6 times seems to bog off of corners bad its a bummer

I just bought this thing, and the carb is f#%$^d, the guy I bought it off told me it's always been a pretty crappy carb.

It seems to have a float issue and it really flooded the bike bad.

I got it running and it puked a little oily gas out of the Crank case vent, it ran like crap and didn't want to stay running until I closed the petcock.. then the bike ran and idled fine.. until the bowl emptied.

I could play with the float a bit more but I think those knock off carbs and their crappy parts are a constant pain in the ass.

Thinking the Mikuni 26mm VM is the way to go with the adapter boot but wanted to get a pro opinion.

Not a pro with pitbikes but lots or VM round slide experiance. Its a great carb been around for ages easy to get parts aswell. The TM flat side might be an option as well.

Yeah I'm thinking the VM might be the option.. seems like a pretty well represented option.

Where do you get them from any suggestions

Yeah, I got sick of trying to jet my Chinese VM copy. Something was wrong with it, which is not unusual. Buy the real VM 26mm and you be set, or atleast you will be able to jet it.