Sign in to follow this  

tools needed for fcr swap?

Hello I got my fcr today and im happy in the pants :banana:. Im wondering what tools I need to swap the carb over, ive done a search and have a rough idea, went through the faq but its left me more confused and feeling overwhelmed with alot of tools being needed.

Id rather buy quality then quantity straight off as I know this will save me money in the future. So im wondering whats the bare minimum I need to swap the carb.

Would a combination wrench kit, 3/8 socket set, allen wrench set be enough? Ill also be putting a K&N in and doing the 3x3 mod, not sure what other tools might come in handy.

Anyhelp would be great, thanks Jerome

In general, Sears Craftsman have served me well. Join the Crasftsman Club (free) to get bigger discounts. Sales every week in your newspaper's Sunday ads. Start off with a basic, metric mechainc's tool set and build from there. Not sure about availability in Aus., though.

Cross tip screw driver (Phillips) for carb boots

Small Flat tip screw driver (to turn out fuel screw 2 turns for sea level)

Metric Allen wrenches (4mm for needle replacement and I think 3mm for top of carb)

Wire cutters if you hard wire A/P (Accelerator Pump)

Meteric wrench set (8mm for throttle cables)

Needle nose pliers to connect throttle cables to throttle wheel (real tight in there)

sockets to take off seat (don't recall size (10mm?)

hack saw, hot knife or cut off wheel for 3x3 mod. You could use a utility/carpet knife to do the 3x3 as well.

I think that's about it.

Cheers muddawg that makes life alittle easier now :banana: Burning I checked those toolsets and it looks good, only problem is only to get it shipped, then im pretty sure tools are taxed. Then warrenty is an issue as they dont have Australian stockists, ill just buy locally, its alittle more convenient if tools snap and they need replacing.