Sign in to follow this  

ughhhhh Stainless Steel Brake Line

So i just got my galfer stainless steel brake line of my 05 kx 250. It has a weird 90 degree bend on one of the ends and I cannot fathom how the hell it fits! To make it worse the packaging say "95-03 KX 125-250". A quick part number search (glf-blf-kx-95) shows that it is infact for a 05 kx 250. Anyone have a picture of how it fits? Or atleast what side the 90 degree angle connects to?

Thanks

Greg

Are you talking about the front or back? I tried to put a galfer line on the back of my bike and it would hit the shock when it was installed so I took it off. FWIW I have a ride eng. unit on the front of my bike and it's perfect.

its the front and its supposed to be the CR Style

That's what I'm saying. The newer KX's have CR style from the factory(inside the fork). The older KX's dont, which is why that line is longer. The part was packaged incorrectly.

Thanks, I am emailing them now. I just needed some pictures too make sure. Does yours have the 90 degree bend as well? Just curious

Packaged wrong? You know them chinese can't understand english

I just found this old post as I was searching for the exact same answer. I was hoping maybe you found a solution that you could share with us.

I have a 95 KX250  is need of a new front brake line. I ordered the Tusk brand from Rocky Mountain ATV at first. It came with the 90 degree fitting at one end. I called them and told them it would not fit. They advised trying the Galfer brand. I ordered and received it and now it does not fit either. It has the same 90 degree fitting. I found some pictures on ebay of front calipers that had the brake line routed under the caliper with the 90 degree fitting. However because of the casting features in my caliper, this routing is not possible. My routing is above the caliper.

Here is a picture of the 90 degree routing that I found on Ebay: http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s320/mudvision/90degreerouting.png

Here is a picture of the routing on my machine:http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s320/mudvision/OriginalRoutingofFrontBrakeLine.jpg

Here is a picture of the 90 degree fitting on the end of the new Galfer brake line that does not fit: http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s320/mudvision/OriginalRoutingofFrontBrakeLine.jpg

What I really need to know is how do I order the correct brake line? How do I find the correct part number? The OEM line is no longer offered by Kawasaki and I want a stainless steel braided line any way.

Any help would be appreciated.

If the line has the 90deg bend then its for under the fork routing, look at the kx posted above. Id say an owner in the past has changed it for the honda style brake line route (around the fork). A newer kx line should fit or go for a cr brake line just make sure its the same length as your old one.

I have a 97 kx125, I ordered the tusk line and it says galfer all over it. Was the same size and same 90 degree bend as the stock line I took off.. I think when I ordered they also had the cr style available .

I bought lines for my 94 off Ebay, some no-name brand.  The front is about 15mm too short but works fine with a plate mounted brake line guide.

IMG_5325.jpg

• Like 1

I bought lines for my 94 off Ebay, some no-name brand. The front is about 15mm too short but works fine with a plate mounted brake line guide.

Posted Image

I'd be OK with a no-name brand line. Do you have any other information like the seller name so I could get the same line?

I'd be OK with a no-name brand line. Do you have any other information like the seller name so I could get the same line?

I couldn't find the seller/auction.  I bought them a few years ago.  But the line with the 90 degree bend should be the right one.  You mount it so the bend faces down, run the line under the bottom of the fork, then up the front of the fork.

If it still doesn't fit you should post some pics, you may have the wrong caliper.

Just an FYI, Galfer will make any brake line for you at no extra cost, just call them. If you want the CR style ( best imo), just measure using a piece of rope or hose, and give them the length.

You can requst custom colors for a few bux more. Take the guess work out!

• Like 1

So here's an update on my brake line saga. I finally got one with the right bends.

I forgot to mention earlier that I had checked my Kawasaki OEM Service Manual for some insight on the brake line routing. It shows very clearly the routing pictured best above by Jeekinz picture of his eBay sourced line.

The brake line with the 90 degree bend cannot be used with the caliper shown in Jeekinz picture as there are two large casted structural ribs in the caliper that would prevent routing the 90 degree bend brake line fitting under the caliper and up to the banjo bolt.

I did not get this line from Motosport. I got it from rouckymountainatvmc.com. I called them back once more and this time I got a very helpful customer service representative. This lady put me in touch with their warranty department. I was able to send them an email with a power point presentation of the problem and they went and physically looked at their inventory and found me a proper fitting line. It turns out the Streamline brand brake line that they offer was a proper fit. They let me return the Galfer brand line and sent me the Streamline brand line immediately. Finally the problem is solved.

My lessons to others that may run into this conundrum is to avoid the Galfer and Tusk brand brake lines as you will get the wrong part if you have the routing shown in Jeekinz picture above.

If someone can tell me how to post a powerpoint or PDF file to the forum, I would be happy to share my brief presentation on the matter. Unfortunately I am not savvy enough on the forums to do that yet.