Sign in to follow this  

07 yz 450 bogs only with a fast twist of the throttle

This bike ran great with no bog till i put on the fmf mega bomb header and 4.1 exhaust. A slow twist of the throttle is ok, (no bog) but if i hammer it from low to mid rpm's there is the hesiatation. It is all stock jetting still. This is my first 4 stroke, always been on 2 strokes. The spark plug likes like the way it should. Thought i would just ask someone, i really don't what to just guess. Thanks

Most likely the jetting. You could do it yourself but i would take it to a dealer or some other motorcycle place and let them dyno and jet it to get the full potential and remove the hesitation.

Install the JD jet kit and your problems will be gone. More flow out[muffler/header]=need more fuel delivery. The JD kit will tell you what mods to do such as removing air snorkle and stuff from the airbox. Very easy with a little mechancial skill-good luck

adjust the fuel screw first. If that does not solve it then try a different leak jet

my bike was doing the same thing and i got a r&d power bowl from my local honda shop for 90.00 and problem solved. i got tired of changing the leak jet .its super easy just slap it on go for a ride and adjust it untill the bog is gone .it took me less then 5 mins to get rid of that bog.i also did the ap mod instead of using the heavy spring that comes with it .