Sign in to follow this  

Fluid Change Questions

just got new gear oil, and radiator fluid.

trying to find out the best way to drain the old radiator fluid, and how much i need to put in.

and what size the oil drain plug is, and whats the oil capacity (05RM250)

thanks!:banana:

Take the rad cap off and the un screw the bolt, not fully off but where a lot is dripping ( if you have patients).You just fill intill the coolant is near the top. Start the bike for a min and check the coolant, fill again if needed.

so fill radiator fluid to the top, and to drain it i just remove top cap, and undo one of the hoses??

750ml of gear oil (cause thats the number next to gear oil plug so i take it thats how much i put in)

Does anyone know the size of the drain plug though? i buy the sockets i need as i go, haha im kinda starting a new tool set.\

thanks

so fill radiator fluid to the top, and to drain it i just remove top cap, and undo one of the hoses??

750ml of gear oil (cause thats the number next to gear oil plug so i take it thats how much i put in)

Does anyone know the size of the drain plug though? i buy the sockets i need as i go, haha im kinda starting a new tool set.\

thanks

The water pump has a bolt that you pull to drain the fluid. Pulling a hose would work too, just not as effective and alot more messy.

thanks

smokin a little of that dank weed?:banana:

hah, actually im thinking of changing my name, only reason i use this one is cause ive used it for just about everything since i was in 8th grade

i dont think its very appropriate for this website and love this site way too much to have a bad reputation haha.

this rm250 is new to me and im very cautious about what i do to my machines because i work hard to pay for my toys and i like to take care of them the best i can.

i post alot of no brainer questions (to most people) in a learning process and i hope there are people like me that just surf this site to answer questions that they know (simple or not) to help others.

I LOVE IT, now someone tell me the socket size for the oil drain plug (dont worry im going to buy a manual soon just gotta wait for next paycheck)

You can buy a small set of sockets for $20.00...I bet you'll pay $5.00 for the one socket. My guess (just a guess) is its 13mm

i post alot of no brainer questions (to most people) in a learning process and i hope there are people like me that just surf this site to answer questions that they know (simple or not) to help others.

heck man a few dudes on here respond to every post wether they know the answer or not! rofl

heck man a few dudes on here respond to every post wether they know the answer or not! rofl

Thats right!:banana:

Antifizzle is correct. 14mm, just checked now. Sorry, my Kawi250 is 17 and my 80 is a 15.