Sign in to follow this  

Right turn help

Does anyone have any tips on doing fast right burmbed (sp.) turns? I find it hard to charge into them and then slow down enough not to go over the burmb considering I can't use my back brake going around the turn to control the bike because my right leg is sticking out, and not on the peg where the brake is. Using just the front brake slows me down, but not enough if I'm trying to charge into the corner as fast as I can.

I can charge into left turns and brake on the first part of the burmb, then get back on the gas as I'm exiting the burmb, but it's not as easy with right turns...

This question is hard to put into words, but I did my best. :lol:

Thanks guys :banana:

Keep your foot on the peg until you are back on the gas. In fact, if the turn is bermed then you don't even need to take your foot off the peg at all.

+1. Almost everyone takes either foot off the pegs WAY TOO EARLY! Go out and practice riding without ever taking a foot off the pegs. It will be weird at first, but it will make you a much better rider.

Watch any video of Stefan Everts. He almost never takes his feet off the pegs.

brake until the point where you start leaning in to it, by then you should be slowed down enough. But its physics, if you have enough speed and lean hard enough you shouldnt need to stick the leg out.

The best racers do their breaking before the turn and are on the gas in the beginning.

I'm just not that talented. But really that is the best way especially for right handers.

The best racers do their breaking before the turn and are on the gas in the beginning.

I'm just not that talented. But really that is the best way especially for right handers.

I'll practice that. Thanks for your input :banana: