Sign in to follow this  

Dr. D Exhuast or FMF? (05 yz250f)

I just picked up a used 05 YZ250F that came with a complete Dr. D exhaust system. At first I was grinning ear to ear because the thing was so loud, then I took it on a trail ride and was like "holy crap, this thing is really loud!".

The system is sweet (minus the jetting issues which I'm working on), but the volume is pushing it for our local trails.

Do you think it would make a big enough difference to switch to FMF to help with the volume?

Any suggestions are welcome, thanks guys. :banana:

which one fmf powercore 4 or Q4 ? you can sell the dr.d for a good price , but then you would have to get a header, or see if a fmf fits.

which one fmf powercore 4 or Q4 ? you can sell the dr.d for a good price , but then you would have to get a header, or see if a fmf fits.

I was thinking the Powercore 4. And probably the powerbomb header. I haven't done any research yet to see what set up would work best for trail riding (I don't race). I have heard great things about FMF and volume levels and overall good things about their products, that is why I was wondering about the two. Like I sad, this Dr. D exhaust is loud. :banana:

Sounds like you would have to sell and then pay for a fmf set up that would cost around $400 so , if i were you repack it and keep it. its a great system anyways. A repack would drop the sound. then if its still loud you can just purchase a quiet insert for only $50

http://www.dubachracing.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=40

Sounds like you would have to sell and then pay for a fmf set up that would cost around $400 so , if i were you repack it and keep it. its a great system anyways. A repack would drop the sound. then if its still loud you can just purchase a quiet insert for only $50

http://www.dubachracing.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=40

I honestly don't know why I did not start there......:banana:

Thanks for the link.

Dr D is the best exhaust for my 05 . Have you repacked it ? it may need to be repacked ? see their website http://www.dubachracing.com/

I think I will purchase the quiet insert and repack it.

Thanks guys.

lol, I feel like a noob having not looked at their site for anything about the volume.....:banana:

:lol:

It's nice that they sell a quiet core insert but $50 for that? If you already have a Dr.D. haven't they got their money for their R&D already? IMO, it should be half the cost. Reducing noise is a great way to keep riding areas open. :banana:

I've never heard a dr.d but my pc4 is pretty loud, if you ended up going that route I don't think the volume would go down much..