Sign in to follow this  

adding a cooling fan to a '07 TC450

Is this just plug and play? I noticed I don't have alot of wiring on this bike, do I just find a hot wire and ground and wire in a switch for when I know I'm going to be doing slow, tight trails.

I have boiled over a couple times but only when it was really hot out and driving sustained slow speeds (sweeping up behind some slow young kids).

Fans on Ebay any good?

Rick in Chilliwack, BC

I'm looking to do the samething with my 04 SM450R. What do you search for them under on Ebay?

Ok I can help out here. I installed a Spal 4" pushing cooling fan on my 07 TC450. I also added electric start so it was easy. Since you add a battery and more harness I used a 12v connector (probably for the lights) and plugged in there. You just need to find 12v to run them. I also added a switch to turn it on and off. The TC cylinder has the water temp sensor reciever plugged up so I couldn't use that like the TE does. I used the pusher fan mounted to my rad guard because the rad guards I bought were for bikes without fans. I mounted mine high on the guard so when you turn the bars the fender goes below it. I've never had a problem with the getting muddy either, The Spal fans on ebay are the same ones the dealer sells, I checked part numbers on the fans, Husky just adds a different connector. I paid $30-35 for mine, dealers wated + $70 for the same fan.

89df_12.JPG

you need DC power wich you dont have.Call Taskys down in Everret

So if I go the route of adding a fan and keeping my bike kick-start only can I tap into the few existing wires to power the Spal fan?

I'm adding the coolant Y pipe as well.

How often should I be flushing the coolant?