Sign in to follow this  

Leatt replacement parts?

Is there any place to get replacement parts cheaper than from Leatt? Haven't called them yet because they were closed today, but I imagine the piece I broke is spendy. I broke the back piece where the helmet hits (has foam on it). Probably going to epoxy it if it's an arm and a leg, might be cause its the biggest CF piece on the brace. Any input is helpful...

photo-7.jpg

It will be cheaper to replace it with the club part as it is plastic. Wont look as good but will be cheaper.

When you call them ask if it is necessary to replace that part with it is broken there.

If you find out, please post the price! A friend of mine with the Sport model broke that part in the same place. The crack on his looks similar as well.

Its unfortunate that to make it prob only costs $50 if that, and Mr.Leatt Is charging an arm and a leg,and is a GAZILLIONAIRE off the fear of us fun loving motorcycle rider...

And yes i own one :banana:

$130 seems about right considering that it is a fairly complex shaped piece of structure and it's made of carbon fiber. A carbon fiber CRF glide plate from Lightspeed runs $125 and it's just a simple flat plate.

• Like 1

damn austin you must have taken a hit to do all that shit to your heel and your bike and the leatt. if your head took a hit causing the brace to crack i hope you'll be getting a new helmet.

Contact Scott Littlejohn at Leatt. I had a real bad crash in 08 that broke the upper front and rear table as well at the lower front member! They will want you to send them the brace so it can be examined, which is a good thing for both you and them in thier research. I had all 3 parts replaced for about a $100 less than the cost of a brand new one.