Sign in to follow this  

vHoldR Contour waterproof case...thoughts?

I noticed that there is now a waterproof (up to 10m) case for the Contour series cameras.

opplanet-vholdr-water-proof-case-3300.gif

I guess that brings the vholder units that much closer to the GoPro specs for durability... but has anyone used it yet? How does it affect the sound?

I noticed that there is now a waterproof (up to 10m) case for the Contour series cameras.

opplanet-vholdr-water-proof-case-3300.gif

I guess that brings the vholder units that much closer to the GoPro specs for durability... but has anyone used it yet? How does it affect the sound?

So nows its pretty much as big as the gopro, whats the point getting it? Mines good for 60M too :banana:

I received my case about 2 weeks ago. (on order since Dec.) Have not had a chance to use it yet. I purchased it to provide protection from rain and dust. It really doesnt add much to the overall size of the camera, but I think it will add to the durability when I take the inevitable headplant. As for sound, I had put 2 layers of electrical tape over the mic and that worked perfectly. With the case I will remove the tape as the biggest sound problem was due to wind noise and I think the case will totally eliminate that. I will post a report after I get a ride in. ( might be a while as snow is moving in again) :banana:

not to talk bad about the V, because i don't have one, but i have mounted the GoPro under the visor and it's really not an issue. my 2 cents. i think they are both really good products for the money. i got into helmet cams in 2006 and the quality/price situatation is looking better and better, i wouldn't knock either the GP or the V.

GoPro is the way to go ! I wipe out way to much to use anything else.

As far as it being water proof, I toss mine into the pool and let it go to the bottom and my kids dive down and get it, makes for a cool video seeing them swim down to it and pick it up.

i believe the goPro is waterproof up to 10 meters (30 ft)

Try a bit more then that :banana:

"Waterproof to 180’ / 60m and protected from rocks and other hazards thanks to its removable polycarbonate housing"

so back to the original Q... has anyone had a chance to try out the Vholdr case yet?